Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

On-Field Reports: SBLM World Series Empty On-Field Reports: SBLM World Series

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:07 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
For the inaugural SBLM World Series it appeared that a true Cinderella story was unfolding with the Sherbrooke Mohawks. Sherbrooke swept a 3 game series against Chicago in what was likely considered an upset, and then swept the Las Vegas Centurions in a 5 game series in what was certainly considered an upset. The team that entered the SBLM playoffs as the #4 seed was on a 13 game winning streak dating back to the end of the regular season, and the red-hot Mohawks were four wins away from shocking the world and winning it all.

On the other side was the Pittsburgh Pioneers, the team who received a bye into the world series in large part due to Sherbrooke and their sweep of Vegas to end the season. The Pioneers held home field advantage and had a good reason to feel like the favorites in this series, but Sherbrooke proved early on that they had no intentions of cooling down.

Game One

a 14-3 dominating win for Sherbroooke. Captain Hook was chosen as Pittsburgh's #1 starter but he was pulled after only 3 innings, giving up 7 runs and 10 hits. Home field advantage now belonged to Sherbrooke

Game Two

A dominating pitching performance from Mario McRlwain, who throws 8.2 innings of 1 run ball in a 4-1 win for Sherbrooke. Win #15 in a row for Sherbooke, and a 2-0 series advantage with 3 home games coming up

Game Three

In the top of the 3rd inning, Brian Strong gave Pittsburgh their first lead of the entire series with a 3 run HR. This was all of the run support that James Boxman needed, as he threw 8 innings and gave up 2 runs to get the win for the Pioneers. Sherbrooke's winning streak was officially ended, and the series was competitive once again.

Game Four

Austin Schwartz pitched a beautiful game in this one for Pittsburgh, pitching for 8 innings and giving up only one run in the game. Caleb Marko hit a key HR early on, and Brian Strong hit the single that give Pittsburgh the winning run in the top of the 8th, plating Flynn Fungo

Game Five

A wild back and forth game. On the mound for Pittsburgh was Captain Hook who looked much better than he did in game one, but did give up a lead and exited the game down by one run after 7 innings. In the top of the 8th inning Ocean Man hit a game tying single to score Brian Strong, and then in a tie game in the top of the 9th, Brian Strong hit a 3 run HR that was shortly after followed by an Ocean Man solo HR.

Game Six

A tense contest that saw a 3-0, 4-1, and 5-2 lead for Pittsburgh shrink to 5-4 after 6 innings. Star escaped a jam in the top of the 7th inning, Clemente escaped a jam in the 8th inning, and the Original Dale-Cooper looked like he was going to have an easy 9th inning until an error was made by SS Hunter Scott on a 2 out ground ball. The next batter singled to move the tying run to 3rd base, but Dale-Cooper forced Golden Goliath to pop out, and Pittsburgh officially won the first SBLM World Series by winning games 3-6 consecutively!

The starter and winning pitcher in the deciding game 6 was Patrick Star @TTtheT ,  who was proud of what his team had accomplished this season:

Patrick Star wrote:We did it! It feels great to close it out the way I did and hopefully this is the first of many championships for us.

Not every player was as willing to speak with the media following their victory, as following the clutch save Original Dale-Cooper @Nykonax did not have anything to say:

Original Dale-Cooper wrote:No, let me celebrate

Original Dale-Cooper proceeded to go to Applebees and order appetizers all night while heckling waitresses.

Fan favorite Cáramel Delight @SecondBaseBabe was more than willing to talk with the media however, as she talked about her future plans to move onto the SBL and gave some insight into her nickname on the team of 'Cheeky'.

Cáramel Delight wrote:Winning the Minor World Series is a dream,  is is just surreal when you get to win with a group of people you respect. We had a lot of fun together on the field and i think our connection shows with how this season ended. That being said for me specifically this is the perfect ending to a very short minors career, I am so honored to be able to go up to the Majors next season and I look forward to making a name for myself there.

Cáramel Delight wrote:I  usually don't know what to say about the guys calling me cheeky, I think it is because it lines up with my playful yet sassy personality but I have been assured by many a teammates that  that factors in but mostly it is because of my monumental back end.  I mean you just can't make this stuff up, one day I was teasing another player about his booty. Next thing I know he has the whole SBLM calling me cheeky, Gotta love that Delvin Rooks.  At this point because of his Massive IG following even my fans were shouting "CHEEKY, CHEEKY" during the finals. I have always aimed to make the best out of life and if I am honest I can say the nickname has grown on me, or maybe i just have come to see how well it fits me.  Nothing wrong with being that cheeky catcher that makes people smile, as always it is my goal to be a total Delight.

Delight is one of a couple of Pittsburgh players who have declared for the draft, including Flynn Fungo @Uphillmoss , Dale Cooper, James Boxman, and Austin Schwartz

Flynn Fungo wrote:this is what we been telling y’all all year. The pioneers are the best in the league. Unfortunately this is also good bye for me, im moving on up to the big leagues, to a deluxe apartment in the sky

But there are some key Pittsburgh players returning to the SBLM, including Brian Strong @Wheaties_ who's clutch hitting was invaluable to Pittsburgh in this series.

Brian Strong wrote:Man, what a season and what a year. I love this team and this city. From the beginning, I knew we could win it all with these guys. Going in to the World Series, I was hitting well and I knew it would carry over. I wasn’t going to let anyone down. I plan on staying at Pittsburgh one more year. I want to win it again for this city.

Bringing home the series MVP title was none other than Ocean Man @a_Ferk who his 3 HRs and hit nearly .400 in the 6 game series:

Ocean Man wrote:I was pleasantly surprised that I received the MVP, as I was kind of expecting Strong to get it. He had 10 RBIs or something and was killer all season. Thanks to Spartan for taking a chance on me in the draft, and my teammates for making our LR great.

We also got Ocean Man to speak on his fan's adoration for the Ocean Man copypasta:

Ocean Man wrote:The Ocean Man copypasta is the best thing to ever come out of the Pittsburgh locker room to be honest. It was sort of our rallying cry

And of course, there is the manager of the Spartan SBL commish @Spartan who believes that his team came out on top because they played to their strengths

SBL commish wrote:It's a great feeling, super proud of the whole team for pulling out the win. Sherbrooke had a great postseason run, and they were definitely dangerous, winning every game until the finals here. We had to make some minor tweaks, but generally we stuck to what worked for us all season long. We had a bit of a struggle at start, and I'll attribute that to shaking off the rust from not participating in the gauntlet, but that 14-3 loss woke us up and we surged to finish it off. Major props to the bullpen, they threw some absolute fuckin' heat, Ocean Man and Brian Strong blasted the ball all over the place. HUGE WIN!

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Pioneers on a terrific season!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum