Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 10-12 Empty On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 10-12

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:20 pm
We closed out the regular season this week with some tight playoff races, and our on-field reporter got the lead on some of the biggest stories from the biggest faces in the SBLM.

07/27

Delvin Rooks @AW13 has mainly been known for his glove this season, but today he was named the SBLM Player of the Week due to his solid all around play for the Chicago Storm:

Delvin Rooks wrote:"I had it really going and it was great to get into a groove during a really important part of the season!"

08/01

Mario McRlwain @JorgTheGoat03 had perhaps the best pitching performance we've seen all season long today. A complete game 3-hit shutout with 0 walks allowed against Redwood, all while striking out 10:

Mario McRlwain wrote:Before the game, I honestly didn't expect to do that. However, I just took it 1 inning at a time. Suddenly, I found myself at the end of the game having pitched the best game in my career.

Also today, a pair of Pittsburgh Pioneers were honored with awards as Gustav IsRealDadddy @Daddy took home the SBLM Hitter of the Month award and Original Dale-Cooper @Nykonax took home the SBLM Pitcher of the Month award:

Gustav IsRealDaddy wrote:Down the stretch is when things get interesting, races heat up, and you really need to be on top of your game. I’m fortunate that I was able to get some good pitches to hit and turned this month into a hot streak.

Original Dale-Cooper wrote:Well I think this month my forkball was on point. I worked on it a bit more, much to my coach's dismay but clearly it paid off. The batters didn't even see it coming.

08/03

Continuing his phenomenal season, Ezekiel Bridges @zekethatbeast25 threw a 4-hit shutout against Pittsburgh today. He's aware he's good, but even Bridges is a bit surprised about how good he has been so far:

Ezekiel Bridges wrote:Honestly, this year was a huge surprise, signing with Chicago I thought it would be a developmental season. However, it wasn't even close, from the jump I was leading the league in ERA, and it was amazing, I made the All Star game, and am one of the top pitchers this season, as well as heading into S2. I think coming to SBLM, and going to Chicago was the best decision of my career so far. This success has been unreal, I'm hoping I can get some awards, but overall, this shit has just been unreal this year, and I'm hoping to replicate in S2!

08/09

Heading into the final 4-game series of the season with a 3 game lead, Vegas had an inexplicable turn of fortune, being swept for four games in a row at home against Sherbrooke. The hero for Sherbrooke in the last game of the season was Kurtis McKenzie @Psanchez55 , hitting 2 HR with 3 RBI, making him the ultimate villain in Vegas:

Kurtis McKenzie wrote:I wasn't worried about whether or not Las Vegas was the number 1 seed. I was just doing my best to get my team a win and get to capture the 3rd seed.

On the other side of the country the Pittsburgh Pioneers never expected to be in the position they were in, but after winning the first 3 games of the series against the Roos the team knew by the first pitch that if they won, they would be the #1 seed with an auto-entry into the World Series for the SBLM. Austin Schwartz @cubzlover84 took the mound for Pittsburgh, and all he did was pitch his best game of the entire season: a complete game 5 hit shutout. Schwartz on how he found it to pitch under pressure:

Austin Schwartz wrote:Well it was certainly an incredible experience to be able to clinch the win like that for my team, but I guess there was only a 1 in 4 chance that I would be the starting pitcher on that day. It started out as a solid start for me but once we got to the 6th or 7th inning I started to realize it was something special

AW13
AW13
Admin

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 10-12 Empty Re: On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 10-12

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:57 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
These are fire each week! Nice job Jets!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum