Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sim 2 Empty On-Field Reports: SBLM Sim 2

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Jetsqb101 here to introduce myself as the On-Field Reporter for the SBLM! After every sim I'll look for some stories that I think are particularly good, and will then reach out to that player for an on-field interview. We'll capture the walk-off hitters, the red-hot streakers, the un-hittable pitchers, and potentially even the recently traded. To kick us off, here are some quotes we got for SBLM Sim #2.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On-Field Reports: SBLM Sim 2 Chicago_storm

Chicago Storm 1B Carlos Delgado @oilmandan was named the SBLM Player of the Week after some blistering games that placed him on top of the leader boards for average and HRs among all SBLM players, here's Mr. Delgado on his recent success:

"It feels great to be recognized as the hitter I am after all the work I’ve put in, being drafted in the 5th round has given me an added boost. But I couldn’t have done it without my teammates putting me in a good position to succeed. Hopefully we can get some more Ws and hopefully the homers keep on coming too."

He's still humble for now, but will that humbleness remain if he keeps up this lethal pace? Only time will tell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On-Field Reports: SBLM Sim 2 Chicago_storm

Mr. Delgado's teammate Ezekiel Bridges @zekethatbeast25 had himself a big sim as well. Bridges, a free-agent pitcher who garnered attention from most teams post-draft, posted 3 quality starts with at least 8 IP and 2 ER or less allowed against him in each one. We caught up with Bridges to ask how surprising his early success has been:

"Coming into the league, I didn't really have high expectations, I came in after the draft, and sure, i was a soughted out FA, but I never really expected to be where I am right now. Going to Chicago has helped me strive in ways I could never imagine, the community there of Shark, AW, OMG, Mac, Grape, and Kelsier, they have shown me the ways of being a legend in this community, how to improve, and overall to be one of the pitchers out there. They all believed in me, and are the sole reason why I'm at where I am. Leading the league in ERA is a big deal for me, this season was originally supposed to be about development, but seeing where I am right now, I'm glad I have gotten this far, and hope to continue to become one of the best as I prepare for the S2 SBL Draft!"

If he keeps up this pace there may be some SBL GMs asking him to declare even earlier, we'll have to see if Chicago found themselves an ace with this signing.
On-Field Reports: SBLM Sim 2 Pittsburgh_pioneers

Pittsburgh's been one the highlight team of the league so far, starting off with a 15-5 record with numerous players looking like potential all-stars. They had a dramatic moment in this sim where they entered the bottom of the 9th inning in a tied game against Chicago, and Dale Cooper @Jetsqb101 his a 2-R HR off of Rudi Stein to walk it off for Pittsburgh. We got a chance to speak with Cooper immediately following his first HR of the season:

"Pittsburgh baby! Wooooo!

I gotta say, I'm not much of a HR hitter, but I get why people try to do that more often. That was awesome! Drive home safe everybody, and come see us again soon!"

Cooper went on a hot streak following this walkoff, and is now batting .429 with 3 HRs in his last 5 games
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum