Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9 Empty On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9

Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
All-Star Week

During this week of sims we had our All-Star festivities, including a HR derby and the East vs West game!

In the Home run Derby, it was Carlos Delgado @oilmandan edging out Caleb Marko in the last round 14-13, making him our inaugural SBDL HR Champion:

Carlos Delgado wrote:I only tried about 50%, once I saw how easy it was to get in a rhythm and stay in it, I knew nobody could beat me. It was a lot of fun though and nice for the fans to get to see all these powerful players compete. Even better that I could prove how much more powerful I am. A statement like that is good for everyone in the league.

In the All-Star game itself, the East defeated the West by a final score of 4-2. Sherbrooke shortstop Lucas Peterson @lovesmuffins took home MVP honors in the game, going 3-3 with a BB and one of his hits being a double. Peterson scored once and had one RBI:

Lucas Peterson wrote:There’s only one Lucas Peterson when it comes to winning awards. I’m hyped I won the first, and will continue to win it all!

06/08

The Storm won in dramatic fashion today, with Tracy Prezzy Jr. @prezzys hitting a walk-off 2 run home run against Doyle Brunson and the Vegas Centurions in the bottom of the 11th inning:

Tracy Prezzy Jr. wrote:Ya know, this hasn’t been the year that everyone’s expected from me HR wise but I’m happy that I was able to show up for my team in that clutch moment. Super excited about snagging my first career walk-off home run but trust me, we’ll be seeing plenty more of those.

06/13

The Pittsburgh Pioneers have come out of the All-Star break red hot, sweeping a 4 game series against Sherbrooke and then sweeping Miami as well. Pittsburgh manager SBL commish had the following to say on his team's resurgence:

SBL commish wrote:I think the work that the team's put in is definitely paying off. We went into the break on a bit of a slump, so that little time off was definitely nice to let everyone relax and focus on having some fun. It's a welcome change of pace from the grind and energy spent in regular season games. I'd say we all came out refreshed and ready to compete and we've all seen the results. Now we're looking to keep this momentum through the rest of the regular season so that we can get some solid momentum going into the playoffs.

06/15

In the bottom of the 9th, down by 2 runs, and with the bases loaded, Peach Toucan stepped up to the plate. Toucan had already made his mark in this game with a 2 run home run in the bottom of the 2nd inning, but on a 2-0 fastball from Connor Dyson, Toucan showed the fans that he still had some power left:

Peach Toucan wrote:I'll tell you, there is no better feeling in baseball than a walk-off. Your fans cheering, your teammates waiting for you at the home plate. It's even better when you realize we are grinding for a better playoffs spot.

06/26

When a game goes to extra innings, we usually assume that the victor will be decided by someone being a hero with the bat, but that wasn't necessarily the case today. In the bottom of the 10th C Wally Coleman hit a ball that by all means should have been the 3rd out of the inning, but Sherbrooke 3B Jason Bourne made a costly error which allowed Captain Snowball @Snowball to score from 3rd. We got a quote with Snowball after the play, and it turns out that Captain Snowball may have been the one to force the defensive miscue:

Captain Snowball wrote:Luckily I was able to wag my tale to distract these weird humans. One step closer to my ultimate goal of world domination

06/30

Beatrix Ajax @I Hit Balls Gooder has had herself a very nice season starting for the Vegas Centurions, but her performance today was something special. On top of throwing a complete game shutout against the Chicago Storm, Ajax also managed to hit her first home run of her careerĀ in a 9-0 victory.

Beatrix Ajax wrote:This season has been a blessing so far. This team has played for each other and we feed off each other's energy. We've faced great opponents along the way and we've persevered. I'm proud of how I've done so far and I don't plan on letting up anytime soon. I'll be back at the minor league level again next year to do more damage.

07/01

Flynn Fungo @Uphillmoss has earned himself a reputation as a player that is very critical of his performance, but even he had to smile after the performance he had today. Fungo hit 2 home runs to power Pittsburgh to a 7-3 victory over Sherbrooke in a very fine hitting performance.

Flynn Fungo wrote:I been getting real frustrated by all those people out there saying i can’t field or hit and im just here to be a glorified pinch runner. I came out today with something to prove and i think i’ve done that

07/06

Golden Goliath @StackTheRacks12 hit 2 HRs today to lead Sherbrooke in a dominating 8-1 victory over Miami:

Golden Goliath wrote:It's good to see the hard work paying off. Seeing the ball go exactly where I wanted it to, it would be wrong for me to take advantage. Haha I still see more to come for my future in the SBLM and there's nothing that'll slow me down

Snowball likes this post

Snowball
Snowball

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9 Empty Re: On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9

Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 am
I DID IT I MADE THE NEWS!
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9 Empty Re: On-Field Reports: SBLM Sims 7-9

Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:16 pm
This is amazing @Jetsqb101 <3 Some really great insight right here C;