Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 3 Empty S0 Statmaster Week 3

Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:13 am
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FORM

To clarify, any questions which have to do with the first sim close at the posting of the first sim, any that have to do with the second close at the posting of the second, and so on. Cumulative questions (i.e. "what will this stat be at the end of the third sim," rather than "in the third sim") will close at the posting of the SECOND sim, not the third.

Also to clarify, "the first sim" means "the first set of 10 games," not "the first game." Some responses I got last week seem to indicate that some people are under the impression that it is the latter.

For those who want to see others' submissions, as well as the leaderboard, here is the spreadsheet where such things are tracked.

Good luck!
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 3 Empty Re: S0 Statmaster Week 3

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
...and that does it for this week's Statmaster! Let's get to the results.

Question 1: How many runs will Sherbrooke score in the first sim (June 6th-16th?) Sherbrooke gave opposing pitchers an ERA of 3.70 (if all runs were earned, which they probably weren't, but I digress) in the first sim. You know what that means--they scored 37 runs! Nobody got this correct, but @Troutstrong came closest with a guess of 35.

Question 2: How many hits will Gustav IsRealDaddy get in the second sim (June 17th-26th)? I mean, it doesn't hurt that Gustav IsRealDaddy is one of the best players in the SBLM, but I had to make a question about him at some point given his name. The realest @Daddy on the block picked up 12 hits in the second sim, a number guessed correctly by FOUR people who played this week: @7thInningStretch, @acydburn, @Cubzlover84, and @omgitshim.

Question 3: How many errors will Las Vegas commit in the third sim (June 27th-July 7th)? This one was pretty simple, and the fact that multiple people guessed correctly here comes across as not much of a surprise at all. Vegas committed four errors in today's sim, predicted by three people: @DollarAndADream, @lovesmuffins, and @a_Ferk.

Question 4: What will Caleb Marko's batting average be at the end of the third sim? Angry Gustav noises! After @Spartan told me to include his player in Statmaster, he proceeded to not play Statmaster! Anyway, after the third sim, Marko found himself sitting at a respectable .291. Nobody got this correct, but @Bayley came in with a guess of .290 to take the point here, as close as close can get.

Question 5: What will Hunter Scott's on-base percentage be at the end of the third sim? Yet another player who asked to be included in this round of Statmaster and didn't end up playing! Shame on you, @I'll change this later (and that apostrophe better not screw up the tag). Anyway, this question was the same deal as the last--Scott's OBP was not guessed exactly by anyone, but someone did guess just one point off. @Troutstrong takes home his second point this week with a guess of .371, just a tad under Scott's actual .372.

LEADERBOARD

@DollarAndADream and @Cornholio - tied at 3
Seven tied at 2
Eleven tied at 1

Here's the spreadsheet again if you want the specifics.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum