Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S1 Statmaster Week 2 Empty S1 Statmaster Week 2

Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:15 pm
Let's get on with Statmaster! Make your guesses and try to come as close as you can to the right answers. The more you get right, the more you move up the leaderboard--and you'll end up with prizes at the end of the season based on leaderboard placement.

Each question has a deadline; you'll find said deadlines listed on the form, but for the sake of keeping the general populace as well-informed as possible:
-The deadline for Question 1 is the start of the first sim on Monday.
-The deadline for Question 3 is the start of the third sim on Friday.
-The deadline for all other questions is the start of the second sim on Wednesday.
-You may submit answers multiple times, but the ONLY answer which will count for any given question is the last pre-deadline submission for that question. All others, even if they've come closer or gotten the answer exactly correct, will be invalidated.
-Any responses which are submitted after a question's deadline will also be invalidated.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FORM
Here is the link to this season's spreadsheet where other answers are tracked and viewable, for both my reference and yours.
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S1 Statmaster Week 2 Empty Re: S1 Statmaster Week 2

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:42 am
IT'S PAYOUT TIME!

Question 1: How many games will Charlotte win in the first sim (May 1st-11th)? Charlotte went on a tear in the first sim (not really). Could their lack of wins stem from a lack of playing Statmaster? I won't speculate too much because there's nobody I can shame in particular for this question, but Charlotte won only two games in this sim. Nobody guessed that low, but two people came in with guesses of 3: @JorgTheGoat03 and @omgitshim.

Question 2: How many hits will Tracy Prezzy Jr. (Indianapolis) record in the second sim (May 12th-22nd)? Now @prezzys did NOT play Statmaster last week, so let's all boo and throw tomatoes. Prezzy the player, though, was going off during this sim, riding a hit streak that broke 20 games and putting up 18 hits in total across the 10 games played. Nobody guessed this correctly, but @Goliathus came closest with a guess of 15.

Question 3: How many hits will Magnus Coretti (Dallas) allow in the third sim (May 23rd-June 1st)? Even though @omgitshim played Statmaster this week, I'm still going to give him a weird look for his guess of zero for this question. Coretti allowed 11 hits in this run, 8 in one game and 3 in another, a number hit exactly by @JorgTheGoat03.

Question 4: What will Cid Ramirez's (Toronto) ERA be at the end of the third sim? Guesses were all over the place here. @7thInningStretch escaped a public shaming by playing this week, and also came kind of close to the correct answer in 2.34 with a guess of 2.47. This wasn't the closest guess, though, as @Jetsqb101 came in with a guess of 2.31 to take the point.

Question 5: What will Rocky Mitchell's (Charlotte) batting average be at the end of the third sim? @Lefty came in to play Statmaster for Week 3, but IT'S TOO LATE TO ESCAPE THE SHAMING as he didn't play during the week where his player was discussed. Shame on you, Lefty--I wish you a lifetime of playing every week and being sorry. Mitchell finished up the week with a batting average of .279, which ended up being guessed almost exactly by @Snussu's submission of .278.

THE LEADERBOARD
@JorgTheGoat03 - 4 points
@omgitshim - 3 points
@oilmandan - 2 points
@Playmaker - 2 points
@Uphillmoss - 2 points
8 tied with 1 point

Here, again, is the spreadsheet.

prezzys likes this post

7thInningStretch

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
> get tagged in a Statmaster post
> didn't even get a prompt correct

pale
Goliathus

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:11 pm
I am actually on 2 points, you had double Goliathus 1(unless that's an inside joke of me submitting multiple entries per week).
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:10 pm
Goliathus wrote:I am actually on 2 points, you had double Goliathus 1(unless that's an inside joke of me submitting multiple entries per week).

...and you are correct; nice catch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum