Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 4 Empty S0 Statmaster Week 4

Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:38 am
HERE'S THE FORM Y'ALL

I'll make the rules more concise this time...

Pay attention to the deadlines! Question 1 is due before the start of the first sim, Question 3 due before the start of the third, and the rest due before the start of the second. You should be able to leave a question blank if you're submitting past that season's deadline.

You may submit multiple responses, or let me know if you'd like a response changed. HOWEVER, only ONE submission will be counted per question, and that will always be the last pre-deadline submission made for the question being evaluated. If you get something exactly right and then--before the deadline for that question--submit another response that's wildly incorrect, then tough luck. Submissions to questions made after that question's deadline will always be disqualified.

Here is a link to the almighty spreadsheet for those who want a look at others' submissions, as well as a look at the leaderboard.

Good luck!
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 4 Empty Re: S0 Statmaster Week 4

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 pm
It's results time, people!

Question 1: How many strikeouts will Beatrix Ajax record in the first sim (July 8th-18th)? This question's responses were marked with a good amount of variance, starting at 12 and including one guess as high as 32. Surprisingly, though, the responses managed to just barely touch the correct answer, as Ajax put up 12 strikeouts. The lowest guess on the board was made by three people: @JorgTheGoat03, @Cornholio, and @prezzys.

Question 2: How many games will Sherbrooke win in the second sim (July 19th-29th)? Things weren't looking great for Sherbrooke after they dropped their first four in a row to Pittsburgh (I think, anyway. Too lazy to go back and check). They turned that right around, though, sweeping a series with Chicago and winning a few against Miami to close out the sim for a total of 6 wins. This was a guess correctly made by three people once again: @JorgTheGoat03, @Snussu, and @McWolf.

Question 3: How many times will Wayne Taylor be walked in the third sim (July 30th-August 9th)? This question left not much room for error, as all responses were between 3 and 8. Taylor was walked 6 times in the third sim, a number somehow only submitted by one person: @DollarAndADream.

Question 4: How many games will Chien Ming-Wang win in ALL THREE of this week's sims combined? Again, variance! And again, low numbers prevail! This week, Wang won three games. This wasn't even in the range of guesses--but we had FIVE people submit a guess of 4. So, in true Oprah fashion...
YOU GET A POINT @Jetsqb101
YOU GET A POINT @Snussu
YOU GET A POINT @McWolf
YOU GET A POINT @KWally--this week's only first-time player!
AND YOU GET A POINT @omgitshim

Question 5: What will Ezekiel Bridges' WHIP be at the end of the third sim? Bridges, to the best of my memory, started the week at 1.01, and had he dropped it down to 1.00 even, I would have had to Oprah out four more points for this one. Alas, it was not to be, as Bridges found himself at 1.07 after the third sim. This was guessed exactly right by one person: @omgitshim.

LEADERBOARD

Three tied at 4 points:
@Cornholio
@DollarAndADream
@omgitshim

Two tied at 3 points
@McWolf
@Snussu

Seven tied at 2 points

Click here for the full leaderboard and weekly results.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum