Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S1 Statmaster Week 1 Empty S1 Statmaster Week 1

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:32 pm
It's the time of the season for loving...or, alternatively, it's the time of the season for Statmaster!

Here's a link to the rules post, but since I know half of you won't click that, here's my own rundown:
-Statmaster will be posted every week! Check this section of the forum for some action, as well as the "TPE opportunities" channel in any SBL-related Discord which has bestowed upon me the honor of an invitation and which I have graced with my presence (it's not all of them, so make sure you're in the league server!)
-Make your guesses for each question--at the end of the week those who have come closest to the correct numbers will receive one leaderboard point (not 1 TPE; it's different) and prizes will be given at the end of each season based on placement on the leaderboard. Even if you're really bad at this, you'll still get something small for participating!
-NOTE: A "SIM" IS TEN GAMES, NOT ONE. "Friday's sim" means "the ten games that [team or player] will play on Friday when ten games for said team or player are simmed." Some people don't know this and will put in answers that make a lot more sense for one game rather than ten. Keep this in mind!

With that being said...

HERE IS A LINK TO THE FORM TO FILL OUT
Here is a link to the spreadsheet where all answers are automatically tracked

The deadline for questions 1, 2, and 5 is the start of the first sim on Friday, and the deadline for questions 3 and 4 is the start of the second on Saturday. There's a sim before this happening tomorrow, but since it's on short notice I'm not using it for any questions here.

Good luck!
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S1 Statmaster Week 1 Empty Re: S1 Statmaster Week 1

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:50 am
It's leaderboard time!

As a gentle reminder, leaderboard points are NOT TPE, and are not claimable for anything. TPE will be paid out at the end of the season, for the whole season, once.

Question 1: How many hits will Cáramel Delight get in Friday's sim?
@SecondBaseBabe didn't play this week of Statmaster, so that makes her the first member to be PUBLICLY SHAMED for not participating. Cáramel Delight managed to make an appearance, though, putting up 7 hits in the 10 games played. Nobody got this correct, though @Uphillmoss, @JorgTheGoat03, and @MMFLEX were the three who were one away and who received the point here.

Question 2: How many games will Dallas win in Friday's sim?
Thankfully, @oilmandan did play Statmaster this week (I would have personally beaten him if he hadn't). The Dallas GM was one of four people to be one off of the correct answer here, and even though it's incredibly surprising that nobody put in an answer of 6, I'm sure they'll all take the point. The others who get a point for this question are @Playmaker, @a_Ferk, and @omgitshim.

Question 3: How many times will Kurtis MacKenzie be walked in Saturday's sim?
I'll be honest, I don't know whose player this is...mainly because I don't remember; I knew when I made the question. Whoever it is escaped a shaming if they didn't do the hottest game this side of the Mississippi, though. Anyway, let's get on with the point-giving. MacKenzie was walked only twice, below all of the guesses for this week--but we had a lot of 3s, so five people get the point here. They are:
@Uphillmoss
@JorgTheGoat03
@oilmandan
@omgitshim
@bigbluex02

Question 4: How many strikeouts will Jimmy Waters record in Saturday's sim?
Who is Jimmy Waters? Is it @Siddhus? I don't know, but Sid didn't play Statmaster this week, so I get to make another graphic threat in this post. I'll let him off easy, though, and see if he plays next week. Waters put up a respectable 10 strikeouts in Saturday's sim, a total guessed exactly correctly by @Playmaker and @Goliathus.

Question 5: How many hits will Toronto record in Friday's AND Saturday's sims combined?
Now, I'm oblivious enough to not know who runs Toronto in this league, but I do know that @McWolf runs Toronto in the EFL. That's enough for me to thank him for playing this week and for me to send him all of my love and warm wishes. It's also, coincidentally, a nice time to point out that he came the closest to the correct answer here--Toronto put up 204 hits, a total higher than any of the guesses made, but McWolf's guess of 185 came the closest.

LEADERBOARD
You can probably figure out what's what with a look at the spreadsheet or with a good look at this post, but our leaderboard looks like this:

-Five tied at 2
-Five tied at 1

Play Week 2's Statmaster for your chance at bigger rewards (and to escape the chance of being shamed by yours truly!) and keep an eye out for the game posts and the results posts every week!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum