Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 2 Empty S0 Statmaster Week 2

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:35 pm
What's up SBL...

Some of you know me, some don't, that's cool either way, but for those who don't, hi, I'm Gustav, and I'll be running Statmaster this season!

I've elected to do it on Google Forms rather than in a thread, so click this link to enter!

That should show you results and everything upon completion (somebody please let me know whether or not it does and, therefore, whether or not I'm doing this right), but in case it doesn't, here's the link to a spreadsheet which will show the responses as they come in.

Good luck!
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 Statmaster Week 2 Empty Statmaster Week 2 Results

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:24 pm
Here are your results for Week 2!

First off, I implore you once again to take a look at the almighty spreadsheet that I'm using to record responses. I've added a leaderboard to it for easy tracking!

Question 1: How many strikeouts will Las Vegas record in the first sim (May 2nd-12th)? Las Vegas put up 80 strikeouts in those ten games. Nobody got this correct, but @Lefty was the closest at 86.

Question 2: How many hits will Chicago record in the second sim (May 13th-23rd)? Chicago started off super slowly, putting up a few games under five hits. I was very surprised by how low most estimates were, because even with a fairly low 69 hits (nice) on Chicago's part, many entries were below this (and, in some cases, far below--I must remind some of you that "the second sim" means "the second run of 10 games," not "the second game"). I was incredibly surprised that nobody put down 69 for this one, but @Cornholio came closest with 70.

Question 3: How many times will Brian Strong strike out in the third sim (May 24th-June 5th, All-Star Game not included)? Brian Strong led Pittsburgh in strikeouts when I drew up the questions for this week, and he did not disappoint. With only a few games in the third sim in which he did not record a strikeout, he swung and missed (or maybe watched) his way to 14 strikeouts. Nobody got this one correct either, but @Cornholio once again picked up the closest estimate with 15.

Question 4: What will be the league-leading batting average (in the SBLM) after the third sim? So, this one is weird because I had to disqualify someone, and it's entirely my fault that the circumstances of the disqualification arose in the first place. The deadline for these cumulative questions is, was, and always should be the posting of the second sim, but @Snussu got the closest guess with an answer submitted after the second sim (smh noises). As such, I can't really allow that to stand, and @Cubzlover84 came closest to Tracy Prezzy Jr.'s .340 with a guess of .345.

Question 5: What will Mario McRlwain's ERA be after the third sim? Funnily enough, @Snussu won this question with responses submitted at the start of the week, redeeming himself from the breaking of unclear rules in the previous question. For the first and only time this week, someone guessed something on the nose, with his guess of 3.50 exactly matching McRlwain's current ERA.

LEADERBOARD
Check the spreadsheet linked up top for the complete list, but a quick look is as follows:
1. @Cornholio - 3 points
2. Four tied with 2 points ( @Big Mac , @Daddy , @DollarAndADream , @Pingu )
3. Ten tied with 1 point
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum