Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 7/7

+30
acydburn
wospy
Big Mac
prezzys
aCrypticPancake
Troutstrong
Kelsier
Daddy
Lefty
Jetsqb101
SecondBaseBabe
StackTheRacks12
Doomsday
7thInningStretch
JorgTheGoat03
Berocka
AW13
Cornholio
CaptainHook
Symmetrik
oilmandan
Goliathus
Uphillmoss
Spartan
zekethatbeast25
omgitshim
lovesmuffins
Pingu
Psanchez55
McWolf
34 posters
Go down
Troutstrong

Road to Opening Day 7/7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 7/7

Sat May 30, 2020 6:56 pm
Honestly I'm so excited about opening day. I've not been around long enough to witness the start of a sim league like this, and I'm super excited about the potential. Being able to see my guy perform on the field and getting to know all the stats, players and stuff is super interesting. I'm also very excited about starting to follow the MLB, but that's another story.
aCrypticPancake
aCrypticPancake

Sat May 30, 2020 10:00 pm
Opening Day is finally here. I’ve been training for this day and I can’t wait to show the world just what I am about. The sound of the ball against my bad, followed by the silence as the whole stadium watches my ball fly into the stands. Priceless. I can already see it in front of me.
prezzys
prezzys

Sat May 30, 2020 11:26 pm
Super excited for opening day. We’ve all been waiting and the day is finally almost here! I don’t know about you guys but it’s been killing me. I’m hoping to go out there and do what I can for my team on offense. Get some solid plate appearances and maybe hit a home run or two.
Big Mac
Big Mac

Sat May 30, 2020 11:48 pm
Road to Opening Day 7/7 - Page 2 481D6224-738B-4CBA-B8FE-FDD06BF11E02
wospy
wospy

Sat May 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Of course I'm looking forward to opening day, who isn't? I don't think people would have created a player here if they didn't want to play the games. It's been a journey getting from early beta to where we are now, some good moments, some arguments, some key decisions along the way, but we're here. We're finally here, and whether that bodes well or ill, we'll find out over the next few weeks, or months, or perhaps even years.

Completing Task 3 after the fact as well:

Ranking the SBL teams- I'm in the SBLM so it would be more biased to rank them, therefore I'm ranking the SBL. However, I'm still going to be biased.

1 - Charlotte Cardinals. As a Pirates fan, I'd initially have had the Cardinals probably last, based solely on the identity. No Pirates fan has anything positive to say about the Cardinals. How'd they jump all the way up to 1? Easy - they have me. Twice. Bobson Dugnutt and Mibre Chipley, 2/3 of the Famicom Family, will be suiting up for the Cardinals this season.
2 - Minnesota Grizzlies. I like the identity of the Grizzlies, they're led by Sidd, and most importantly, they're the other SBL team to invite me to their Discord, which I like, so they're 2nd.
3 - Victoria Monarchs. @SecondBaseBabe can talk shit about her logo skills all she wants but this is a fantastic logo and team identity. The only reason they're not higher is a conspicuous lack of me, either on the team or in the Discord.
4 - Indianapolis Invaders. Love the purple (of course, I have a VHL team in purple) but only kind of neutral to the identity, and prefer the Monarchs to the Invaders. Has nothing at all to do with any of the people on the team or in charge of the team or anything - other than again, a conspicuous lack of me - just less enthused about it than the Monarchs.
acydburn

Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 am
Opening day may be interesting, depending on how well teams were built and how often people have updated. Since the league is new a lot of TPE has been thrown out to get players through the system quicker so the SBL will have at least one draft class for the future. With that said, the current SBLM looks decent enough. They were able to fill 4 teams with players and some are trickling in.

Task 1
So I was thankfully drafted to the Vegas Centurions, DA I mean Wospy.. My bad. Has assembled a solid team. Coleman, Bourne, Pingu, Mitchell, Nitro, Ajax, Snowball, LeChef and Ramier are going to try to take it all the way. We’ll see what happens this season so stayed tuned fans.
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

Sun May 31, 2020 1:17 am
RTOD 3 right here (doing now because I didn't exist here yet when it was posted; sorry for not going Super Saiyan TPE Whore Mode in here earlier:)

THE SBLM TEAMS IN ORDER OF MY PREFERENCE ON THE DAY I SIGNED WITH SHERBROOKE

1. Sherbrooke Mohawks - I guess this comes as a surprise to absolutely nobody, given my eventual decision. To shed some light on the matter, I came over here after @Snussu convinced me that I should, so I was first and foremost under some sort of obligation to sign with him from the start. Add to that the fact that Sherbrooke looked pretty solid, and was a bit lacking in pitchers, and my decision seemed to be easy.
2. Las Vegas Centurions - These guys did make it hard for me, and that's because d_a went all-in on the recruiting process on my end. He's one of the people over in the VHL I'm closest to and have talked to the most, which was the main thing drawing me over to Vegas. The only con here was that Vegas already had four pitchers to Sherbrooke's two, and while I realize that my playing time wouldn't be reduced in Vegas, I'd have more of a chance to be the team's ace somewhere with a thinner pitching staff.
3. Chicago Storm - Chicago was just Sherbrooke without all the personal connections to me--I did, however, strongly consider Chicago early on as just about everyone I know from EFL went to Chicago and they all wanted me to join them. As someone relatively new to a respectable activity level in EFL, this was much more of a strong appeal than many might think--I'd love to get to know you guys better! That was really the main upside to signing with Chicago for me, but also really the only thing putting Chicago over anyone else.
4. Pittsburgh Pioneers - I feel really weird putting Pittsburgh last, because Spartan is a great guy and I'm super excited to see what he can do with his team. I guess that speaks to my opinion of the league as a whole, though. Pittsburgh, to me, was just Vegas, though I'm probably a tiny bit closer to d_a just by simple virtue of having known him longer...and that's about it.

Now for #7!

Opening day? I don't think I'll be doing anything on opening day. We've got one other starting pitcher on the roster, who's been around longer than I have and who probably has earned more than I have if they've been here more than this past week. I'll be riding the bench and hoping we win the game--but also kind of hoping our other pitcher doesn't give us a no-hitter or anything weird like that so I don't go into the next game with super high expectations on me. I'll probably just practice spitting sunflower seeds at Wade Landry or something.
DollarAndADream

Sun May 31, 2020 6:10 am
Opening Day is sure to be awesome. Everyone's had their time creating their first players, and everyone is starting fresh from square one. It's going to be a crapshoot out there I think for the first while, but I believe Sherbrooke will win their first game! Personally, I think I'll have a fine game as a pitcher. I'm not the main starter, but I hope to have a great game. We are all very excited to start.
DollarAndADream

Sun May 31, 2020 6:21 am
Road to Opening Day 3/7:

Ranking the four teams how I think they will do, I'd go something like this.....

1. Las Vegas: Vegas seems to have the most firepower, user-wise, to be honest. They've got hitters and they've got pitchers. I think they will come out strong to start the season with their most complete squad.

2. Sherbrooke: I have a strong feeling in our locker room that we will be a great team. We have a great lineup of hitters and infielders. We're probably not as strong with pitchers as other teams are, so I think that's why we fall to 2nd.

3. Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh probably should be up there at 2nd, but I'm a homer. I want Sherbrooke in that 2nd spot. Pittsburgh probably has just as strong pitching as Vegas does, so they will be a big team to face.

4. Chicago: I don't know much about Chicago, to be honest. I think they have some decent top pitchers but not much depth.
Snussu

Sun May 31, 2020 4:21 pm
TASK 6: I think general names for awards is fine, but after the the first players to create start to recreate or close to their end of career we should honor the award names to those who were making history in SBLM (40 words)

Task 7: Opening Day, The Smell of fresh hot dogs, Sound of Popcorn popping, Soda's fizzing. Crowds are gathering to the stadium, Announcer is going over the starting lineups, Players are running to the field, Fans are cheering. National Anthems of Canada and America start to play and people are singing from the heart. This the start of Baseball season and experience this once and you will never forget it (68 words)
Spartan
Spartan

Sun May 31, 2020 5:23 pm
Going back to RTOD 6 since I missed it! I would create an award for the best all-around player in the league. This would be a little different from the MVP award, as it would focus on rewarding the player who has extremely consistent offensive and defensive performances throughout the season. Obviously, I expect my own player, Caleb Marko to be the recipient of this award as through my test sims, he has been exceptional as a fielder and well above average as a batter. It would be a great way to recognize a player for a solid performance that may have not been enough to propel his or her team to success.
Snowball
Snowball

Sun May 31, 2020 6:17 pm
Opening day, I have no idea what to expect from it, as I have never played a baseball sim before. All I know is that I get bored as hell whenever a game is on tv, so i do not expect too much off it. Apparantly the atmosphere in the stadium is nice though. I am just here for the fun and hope my player will do nice. A bunny on a baseball pitch, it sounds lit if you ask me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum