Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 2/7

+24
Uphillmoss
prezzys
CaptainHook
Cornholio
Big Mac
Pingu
Caboose
Symmetrik
JorgTheGoat03
wospy
Snowball
Troutstrong
Snussu
7thInningStretch
Doomsday
oilmandan
Daddy
lovesmuffins
Spartan
Lefty
SecondBaseBabe
Psanchez55
omgitshim
McWolf
28 posters
Go down
McWolf
McWolf

Road to Opening Day 2/7 Empty Road to Opening Day 2/7

Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 pm
Day 2, May 25th.
You had the whole weekend to talk to your new teammates in your Locker Room, but now it's time to think about the opposition. Tell us about your new rivals in one of the following ways to earn 1 uncapped TPE.

- Write 30 words about a player you can't wait to play against.
- Record a one-minute podcast about a player you can't wait to play against.
- Create a simple graphic for a player you can't wait to play against.

After a long deliberation with myself, I decided I would let tasks open for 2 days, meaning task 1/7 will be open until tomorrow around this time, and this very task will be open until Tuesday around this time. Good week, guys!
McWolf
McWolf

Road to Opening Day 2/7 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 2/7

Sun May 24, 2020 10:48 pm
There are a couple of players I'm excited to play against, so this is pretty hard to pick only one. I'd guess omg's pitcher, Magnus Coretti, would be the one. With both of us going in back-to-back picks, him being a starter pitcher for our rival Eastern team in Chicago, I feel like we might have some heated faceoffs through this season.
omgitshim
omgitshim

Sun May 24, 2020 10:57 pm
Cid Ramirez: he was the only pitcher that was drafted before me, and I'm eager to prove to his GM (and all the others who thought I wasn't first round worthy) that they have made a terrible mistake.
Psanchez55

Sun May 24, 2020 11:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Caramel Delight was picked 1st in the draft. Kinda funny, because she isn't me. It will be fun to say hi to her at home plate after I finish yet another home run trot. I wish her well
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 pm
Magnus Coretti – You just know this guy is going to be striking them out like there is no tomorrow. Magnus like his name suggests is kinda a big deal, not only because he is back by a fantastic user but because from what I can see his build is solid to boot. Wish he were pitching for me instead of against me …oh well maybe we will meet up in the pro Magnus.

@omgitshim
Lefty
Lefty

Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm
Since everyone is jumping on the "let's hate Magnus Coretti" wagon, I figured I might as well. I hope to hit several long shots off of him. Now, when I say long shots, I dont mean no sissy little barely out of the park home run, no sir. I mean a dinger, hit so hard that the ball will be swimming in them little pools whith the rowboats that's outside some of them stadiums. Shucks, I think I'm gonna do this to all pitchers, not just him.

- Rocky
Spartan
Spartan

Mon May 25, 2020 12:09 am
Everyone out here picking a single player they can't wait to play against, but I already know who I can't wait to play against. Every single player who isn't on the Pioneers. It's going to be my honor , and my team's honor to hit dingers off your pitchers, and blow kisses at your fielders as we trot past. I've always enjoyed bat flips, and as a power RF, I expect to be chirping opposing pitchers quite a bit. This is my formal warning to the rest of the league, as we're loading up our muskets and we're ready to let 'em rip.

lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Mon May 25, 2020 12:40 am
I can't wait to play against any of the other Shortshops in the league as I think I am the best and everybody else isn't the best!

- Lucas Peterson
Daddy
Daddy

Mon May 25, 2020 12:55 am
Every. Single. One. Of. You. I cannot just name one player I want to player against, I want to play against you all. Everyone of you is on my target list and I will not stop until I have embarrassed you all.
oilmandan
oilmandan

Mon May 25, 2020 1:07 am
I don’t have any particular player I’m looking to play against. Just every team that passed on me. And every player chosen before me. Can’t wait to show everyone the massive mistake that they made.
Doomsday
Doomsday

Mon May 25, 2020 1:08 am
Easy, Cáramel Delight of the Pittsburgh Pioneers. Delight is right there in the name, so it can't be too terrible. Word on the street is that this is also a feisty individual with a big mouth, so that should lead to a lot of interesting encounters at home plate!
7thInningStretch

Mon May 25, 2020 1:19 am
I'm always looking for a challenge when it comes to pitching. And they say that center fielder Sora Mekajiki - a player with the wisdom and apparent experience of a veteran - is one of the hardest players to strike out. As a pitcher, how can I turn a suggestion like that down? He's the third overall pick, and while 1OA Caramel Delight was drafted before him, she's also best known for her defensive excellence - not top-flight hitting. Give me a shot at Mekajiki a few times this season and I'm sure we'll make a rivalry out of it.
Snussu

Mon May 25, 2020 2:51 am
I think my biggest rivalry will be with Pittsburgh Pioneers and Caramel Delight. Delight was 1st overall pick in the draft, Picked to the Sherbrooke Rival Pittsburgh Pioneers. Our battles will be legendary
Troutstrong

Mon May 25, 2020 3:22 am
I'm happy with the LR Sphyrna Lewin gets to play with. It's an interesting mix of people I know like omg, AW or omd, and some that I don't, and I get to know them all a bit better. I'll be an interesting first season, and I'm already hyped to see how this team will fare in the S1 SBL draft
Snowball
Snowball

Mon May 25, 2020 6:11 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Road to Opening Day 2/7 XSnfGYO

Captain versus Captain
wospy
wospy

Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 am
So the guy I'm looking forward to playing against is Wade Landry of the Sherbrooke Mohawks. I was in kind of a weird spot and as a GM, could not offer on him as my outfield was full - so as a player, and a fellow outfielder, I think it'll be interesting to see if I can do better than him.
JorgTheGoat03

Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 am
I would have to say Cid Ramirez. He is one of the best pitchers in the league and I know that if I can outplay him than I know that I will have proved myself to be a top pitcher in the league.
Symmetrik
Symmetrik

Mon May 25, 2020 11:39 am
The class of the 2nd basemen is obviously going to be Delvin Rooks. He's going to be the mark that every 2B in the league is consitently trying to reach. So for me obviously that's going to be a peak of competition, whenever you face the best at your position.
Caboose

Mon May 25, 2020 5:32 pm
Everyone drafted above me, simply put Bobby Boucher is prime time talent and he has a burning desire to prove that he should have been the 1st overall pick. Expect a display of fireworks every time he steps up to bat against anyone.
Pingu
Pingu

Mon May 25, 2020 8:25 pm
It comes to me as a surprise that having never come into contact with this player that our philosophy towards the great sport of baseball is so similar. Devin Rooks is also a second baseman who I can’t help but both feel like I need to crush him, and idolize him. It’ll be interesting to see how we evolve!
Big Mac
Big Mac

Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Cid Ramirez for the reason being he’s the first pitcher drafted ever in SBLM history, and that’s a pretty big amount of respect and expectations laid on someone. Can’t wait to see his stuff, control, and velocity, and maybe I’ll get a home run on him who knows.
Cornholio
Cornholio

Mon May 25, 2020 9:10 pm
To be honest, I’m hyped to get to pitch against all of those noobs that got picked to Chicago, Sherbrooke and Pittsburgh. Why? ‘Cause those three teams did not pick me, even though I was an obvious pitching talent, and especially in a league where pitching is at a premium. Sixth rounder, that’s something that I am going to remember this season. I’ll also be checking out the batters on those teams, namely the ones drafted ahead of me. They might have a beanball coming their way, just ‘cause I can.

Nitro out.
CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 pm
I am looking forward most to play Captain Snowball. There is room for only one captain in these parts. Let us leave it out on the field. Good luck fellow captain.
prezzys
prezzys

Mon May 25, 2020 11:14 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Mitchell and Mario are two guys that I really can’t wait to play against. They’re both teammates of mine in another league and with one off them being a pitcher, I can’t wait to do some damage against him!
Uphillmoss

Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum