Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 1/7

+23
Daddy
7thInningStretch
Lefty
SecondBaseBabe
aCrypticPancake
Cornholio
StackTheRacks12
prezzys
JorgTheGoat03
Big Mac
Jetsqb101
Grape
omgitshim
Snowball
Uphillmoss
Caboose
oilmandan
Pingu
Spartan
wospy
lovesmuffins
Psanchez55
McWolf
27 posters
Go down
McWolf
McWolf

Road to Opening Day 1/7 Empty Road to Opening Day 1/7

Sun May 24, 2020 12:04 am
Day 1, May 24th.

The draft results were announced this past Saturday. Are you happy with the results? Tell us by doing one of the following tasks to earn 2 uncapped TPE.
- Write 50 words about your team and your new teammates.
- Record a one-minute podcast about your team and your new teammates.
- Create a simple graphic showcasing your team's colors.

This task will stay open for approximately 24 hours. Maybe a bit more, but not less. Do it while it's open!
Psanchez55

Road to Opening Day 1/7 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 1/7

Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Kurtis McKenzie was finally selected with the 22nd pick of the draft. His team is made up primarily of middle infielders it seems. 6'8" behemoth Alex Gregorius calls himself a shortstop, but has the body of a power forward. Sora Mekajiki was heard telling teammates, "Y'all can hit the homeruns. I'll get on base." Overall, coach insert name here has assembled a star studded cast of winners.
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sun May 24, 2020 12:22 am
wospy
wospy

Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
This is what happens when a writing guy attempts a graphic:
Road to Opening Day 1/7 Baseba10
McWolf
McWolf

Sun May 24, 2020 12:34 am
Road to Opening Day 1/7 Ichiro-01
Spartan
Spartan

Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 am
Road to Opening Day 1/7 Pionee10
Pingu
Pingu

Sun May 24, 2020 1:04 am
Road to Opening Day 1/7 HZsAGlhD_o
oilmandan
oilmandan

Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 am
Today’s draft went a little unexpected and even with it over and done with, Carlos Delgado is still a little unsure about the upcoming season. Carlos was only contacted by one team heading into the draft and ended up going to another club in the end. He didn’t expect to go early, but being drafted with another 1st baseman already on the club, and no DH in play, he is a bit mystified about how the upcoming season will play out. Only time will tell.
Caboose

Sun May 24, 2020 1:15 am
Being selected 30th overall is by all standards in Bobby Boucher's eyes a massive flop to start his professional career. But at the very least he was selected finally by the Sherbrooke Mohawks. The second base man power hitter is quite ready to go out and prove to everyone that he should have been drafted much higher than what he went at. He was overheard saying in the draftroom, "Imma make all those fuckers who doubt me regret their decision to not draft me." He's already hard at work practicing with his new teammates and coach to improve his game and is looking forward to game days.
Uphillmoss

Sun May 24, 2020 1:18 am
Snowball
Snowball

Sun May 24, 2020 1:34 am

It was nice to being rescued by the commissioner to be able to end up with the Las Vegas Centurions. I think a nice team has been assembled and I already feel sad at the same time that this is only a juniors team. I wish this team could stay together longer. Let’s look forward to a great season together.
omgitshim
omgitshim

Sun May 24, 2020 2:25 am
Chicago drafted three quite different pitchers in the draft: Spicy Burns, Erik Shawn, and Magnus Coretti. Burns is a groundballer lefty with a balanced setup who focuses on his circle changeup and screwball. Shawn (the only righty of the group) is a knuckleballer with a strong knuckle curve. Coretti is a pure power pitcher with the highest velocity in the league and a nasty cutter. The three look to become the strongest pitching threesome in the SBLM.
Grape
Grape

Sun May 24, 2020 5:33 am
Erik Shawn was very pleased when he was drafted 20th overall. He has been preparing for his chance to make a name for himself in sports, spending hours every day practicing and perfecting his craft. He will be joining the Chicago Storm with two equally talented pitchers, Spicy Burns and Magnus Coretti. All three pitchers are very unique, but Erik Shawn seeks to show that he'll be the best of the group. Of course, the team comes first, and Erik has been very vocal about his thoughts on this team, proclaiming that they will be one of the best teams in the league. His words will soon be put to the test as the season draws close. Will the Chicago Storm be a dominant team in the league? Will Erik Shawn be one of the top pitchers in the SBLM? The answer will be revealed soon.
Jetsqb101

Sun May 24, 2020 5:52 am
I'm pleased with heading to Pittsburgh. This is my first time ever teaming up with a few users that i consider my friends on these sim sites, and I think we're poised for a really fun and successful first season with the draft that Spartan had. I'm also really pleased that I went as high as I did at #9 overall, I thought I would slip a bit more but it always makes me feel proud when somebody chooses to invest highly in my player.
Big Mac
Big Mac

Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 am
Road to Opening Day 1/7 8C9E888E-41A3-4163-85EC-F14A207B7BA9
JorgTheGoat03

Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am
The Sherbrooke Mohawks have assembled quite the team in the draft. They gained absolute studs with each draft pick and have the potential to be the best team in the entire league. However, only time will tell if they reach this peak or if they fail to reach these expectations. This season is going to be one to remember for the entire team.
prezzys
prezzys

Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 am
Being selected 13th overall is something that I was pretty excited about. Before the draft, I said that the Chicago Storm had one of my two favorite team brandings in the SBLM so I am happy with where I landed. I mean, not only because of the branding but also because of the other rookies that I get to play alongside with for my time in the league. We’ve gotta have one of, if not the strongest infield in the entire SBLM and I know that we’ll be putting on a show each and every night. GO STORM!
StackTheRacks12

Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 am
With the 14th overall pick (second pick of round #4) in the inaugural SBLM Draft The Sherbrooke Mohawks selected the Home Run Messiah from Zimbabwe named Golden Goliath. He plans on making his own name in a room full of talent. We've reached out to the young second baseman and he sees a lot of potential for the young group.

"The sky is really the limit! We got the perfect blend of finesse and raw power that will catch a lot of people off guard. It's easy to see that just going off of this past draft and I can't wait to hit the field with them!"
Cornholio
Cornholio

Sun May 24, 2020 8:53 pm
Nate Nitro got drafted to the Las Vegas Centurions in the 6th or 7th round or something like that. That was something that Nitro didn’t expect, going this late in the draft and Nitro is wondering why the other teams passed up on a perfectly good pitcher repeatedly.

But that’s beside the point - Nitro is stoked to go to Las Vegas, the only team that held a conversation with Nitro before the draft. On top of that, it looks like the Centurions have loaded up at pitcher, so that bodes well for us. Defense and pitching wins championships and we’re gonna be the perfect model of this.
aCrypticPancake
aCrypticPancake

Sun May 24, 2020 9:25 pm
So far, my experience on the Mohawks has been good. The team is a good mix of familiar faces from other sim leagues, and people I have never interacted with before. So far, the locker room has been good, and I am glad to be a part of it.
Sherbrooke was my favorite branding from the start, so I am happy to represent the team, and hope to make our inaugural season a good one.
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 10:59 pm
We Are Going To Be Pioneers Or At Least I Am

I do not think anyone was as shocked as I was with the first over all pick in the S0 draft. @Spartan decided to really shock and awe the crowds by picking a low demand position as his first overall. I have never been a huge fan for Pittsburgh based teams, but it looks like the time for that is changing. I look around and see all the talent that surrounds me and I know we will do well. I am really looking forward to this season.
Lefty
Lefty

Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 pm
I'm very excited about this season with the Las Vegas Centurions. In my opinion, we have the best roster in the game. We dont have the logjams at positions like other teams do, and we have one of, if not the best pitching lineup. The Centurions have so many pitchers, that one has already been assigned to be a closer! We also have talent on the fielding side. Undrafted FA Pingu is a good addition to our team, and I think he will do well.
7thInningStretch

Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 am
I'm extremely excited for my first games with the Las Vegas Centurions! Our manager wospy has put together a relatively balanced roster with one particular focus: defense - and for those of you who know me, there's nothing I like better than fantastic defensive play, regardless of sport. He kept me guessing with the draft picks after I was taken relatively early on, and we added some of my favorite sim leaguers in the process. I'm ecstatic to see players I've been teammates with in other leagues like Cornholio (EFL), Acyd (VHL), and jhatty (EFL), as well as some of the members I've interacted with across multiple sim leagues.

The Centurions also have a powerful set of branding, which should give us that extra oomph when it comes to taking down the league's best!
Daddy
Daddy

Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 am
Well, I went through free agency and three teams reached out, but only one really discussed the possibility of me playing third base and that was Pittsburgh. I never feel comfortable taking someone’s spot, so I decided to just move to first base. I wasn’t even on the team yet and Wheaties was already prepared to be an absolute G. Pittsburgh is pretty team EFL, so there is not a whole I can say that has not already been said.
Doomsday
Doomsday

Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 am
While not a part of the Season 0 SBLM Draft, Wade Landry did not have to wait long to find a new home. The Sherbrooke Mohawks were in need of a right fielder to complete their outfield, with Landry being an almost perfect fit. In just his first day with the organization, Landry has been seen getting acquainted with his teammates and working out at team facilities, leaving General Manager Maurice "Mo" Hawk feeling that they've got a gem on their hands.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum