Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 7/7

+30
acydburn
wospy
Big Mac
prezzys
aCrypticPancake
Troutstrong
Kelsier
Daddy
Lefty
Jetsqb101
SecondBaseBabe
StackTheRacks12
Doomsday
7thInningStretch
JorgTheGoat03
Berocka
AW13
Cornholio
CaptainHook
Symmetrik
oilmandan
Goliathus
Uphillmoss
Spartan
zekethatbeast25
omgitshim
lovesmuffins
Pingu
Psanchez55
McWolf
34 posters
Go down
McWolf
McWolf

Road to Opening Day 7/7 Empty Road to Opening Day 7/7

Fri May 29, 2020 11:51 pm
Day 7, May 30th.
Finally, we have made it through the week; Opening Day is on Monday! Are you excited to finally play? Do you think you'll have a good day? Who do you think will be the best player tomorrow? Tell us about anything vaguely related to Monday's game to get 3 uncapped TPE.

- Write 50 words about the Opening Day.
- Record a one-minute podcast about the Opening Day.
- Create an Opening Day graphic.

Additionally, because we are benevolent leaders, and because we are also very hyped that the season is starting, we are going to let you come back to 1 previous task you might have missed earlier this week. You can complete it in directly this thread, just make sure that you identify what task it was. If you want to be efficient, Task #3 was worth 3 TPE, Tasks #1 and #5 were worth 2 TPE and the others were worth 1 TPE.

Finally, we are going to extend a 2 uncapped TPE bonus to anyone that has completed at least 5 of the 7 daily tasks that were part of our week-long hype buildup to the Opening Day. A note for people wanting to add all of these tasks in your update thread; if you did every task available, you are looking at a total reward of 15 uncapped TPE.

I have just locked RTOD 5, ROTD 6 will still be open for a day and ROTD 7 will be open for 2 days, though I suggest you do it before tomorrow if you want it in your update before tomorrow's deadline. Have a nice season, everyone!
McWolf
McWolf

Road to Opening Day 7/7 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 7/7

Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 pm
I'm hyped about Opening Day. I can't wait for this whole thing to finally start. I had fun creating my player, I had fun creating my fillers and I had a lot of fun creating my bot team. So overall I'll be excited for literally every game on Monday. Here are my predictions about the first series in every team's history:

- Sherbrooke wins their opener at home vs Pittsburgh and is 2-1 after the series.
- Vegas sweeps Chicago at home.
- The bot games are even sadder than anything anyone expected. Redwood wins 2 out of 3.
Psanchez55

Sat May 30, 2020 12:10 am
-The bot teams will surprise some people. 100 TPE bots should hold up well against a couple 200 TPE dudes.
-Some completely random guy will be leading the league in homers or average after the first week. Not someone expected.
-Starting pitching will get trashed. I'll take a guy with 40 BABiP, Power, and Avoid Ks vs a pitcher with 40 rated pitches anyday.
-5 different Mohawks have a homer in the first series
Pingu
Pingu

Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 am
Pingu Flipperson studied the books and is super excited for Monday. I'm hoping Pingu's fundamentals in good ole fashioned money ball will get him contributing to the team, being productive, and most importantly getting on base. I don't know why but my gut is telling me a second baseman is going to wow everyone, and I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be me.
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 am
i PERSONALLY THINK THE FOLLOWING:
I will hit 10 homeruns in my first at bat. I also think this doesn't add up to 15 tpe but o well lol. I hope my team destroys the series!!!! The pitchers will show us that they're bad and the batters will show us they're good.
omgitshim
omgitshim

Sat May 30, 2020 12:26 am
Opening Day will be the start of Magnus Coretti's Hall of Fame career. 81 pitches is all it will take for a 27 strikeout perfect game. The good people of Vegas will be wrought with distraught over the sheer embarrassment of having the worst game in franchise history be the very first game the team ever played. I would not be shocked if the team completely rebrands before the end of April.
zekethatbeast25
zekethatbeast25

Sat May 30, 2020 12:33 am
I'm quite excited about the opening day as well. I believe I'm one of the best pitchers out there, and against Vegas, I think if I'm able to get a good start against Vegas, the rest of the team shall follow my lead. Our Strong pitching core of Bridges, OMG, and others are going to prove to be worthwhile this season. I also look forward to learning more about the league through these games, and eventually getting to know more about the sport overall!
Spartan
Spartan

Sat May 30, 2020 1:12 am
Pretty pumped to let the Pioneers prove the game we've been talking so far. I'm confident we have the best team in the SBLM, and we're ready to let it flash. Every single person is going to chip in on Monday, and it's going to be on the team as a whole to secure the win. I'm most excited to see what our pitchers can do, as I have a lot of faith in them. Gotta get on them to update though lol, but otherwise I think we're in a really good position to secure and maintain #1 in the league.
Uphillmoss

Sat May 30, 2020 2:26 am
Goliathus

Sat May 30, 2020 7:15 am
I don't expect my player to do well right away as a latecomer, but eh, if there's one thing about me, it's that I am patient. It might be an ugly opening day for me but I will be fine as long as I keep on working my game. As I am already in another baseball league, I guess I am not super excited about opening day like some other players here. To me, this is just the start of a long career and the grind has only just begun.

Catching up with RtOD3:

I will be ranking the teams by their logo...

1. Pittsburgh Pioneers -- bad ass logo, I really like the overall color scheme and how bad ass the Pioneer looks in the picture.

2. Sherbrooke Mohawks -- Has a similar feeling to Pioneers, feel like they should be rival teams cuz it fits their team name: Pioneers vs Mohawks.

3. Miami Flamingo -- Eh, not too bad but I wish there's words. I really like logos with words over logos that don't because text design is important part of a logo to me. However, the art of this is okay. A part of me feels like it's a better logo for a resort in Miami, but eh, I can appreciate that take for a baseball team logo, it's special.

4. Las Vegas Centurions -- Would be #3 usually, but I have seen much more better warrior-themed logo than this, so I have to drag it down. I am also not sure if blue is the best color for this. Like come on man, if you want a blue logo, don't be LV? Even as a foreigner I know that is a desert city. Blue should be more like Mariners or water-themed. I also never find Centurions "blue", so I really dislike the blue.

5. Chicago Storm -- WTF kind of storm is this? Might as well call it Tornado and call it a day. What a lazy logo, I would like more design than just a lightning-esque tornado.

6. Redwood City Roos - I wouldn't pass this for a graphic task in a sim league. This is some ugly, lazy ass shit. Find a map of somewhere, paint it green, slam a kangaroo in front of it and you are done. WTF?! That's a 5 minutes Paint work done by 9 years old, get that shit out of here.
oilmandan
oilmandan

Sat May 30, 2020 8:42 am
The Chicago Storm are gonna be the story of the year. Dominating pitching and an impenetrable infield will win the day without a doubt. Add in the sheer power of Carlos Delgado and Tracy Prezzy Jr, teams will just forfeit to keep the box score looking closer.

Carlos Delgado isn’t a name getting enough love. After going in the 5th round, teams are obviously sleeping on what this man can achieve. Better watch out, as he will make it rain home runs from day one
Symmetrik
Symmetrik

Sat May 30, 2020 9:41 am
Opening Day is going to be complete and utter chaos. Not only is everyone still extremely low in TPE - at most the difference between users & bots is 109 TPE - but the sample size is so small some stats will be insane. It wouldn't be too surprising even if bot teams take some early wins, especially at home. Vegas and Pittsburgh both visit bot teams, and with all the randomness, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some bot teams come out 2-2 or even win those series. I also expect we'll see some ridiculous averages. Players batting over .400, and pitchers with sub 1.00 WHIPs. Things are going to make no sense at all, but it will be fun to watch.
CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Sat May 30, 2020 9:59 am
There will be a lot of unknowns when opening day arrives. Only one thing is for sure and that is the success that the Pioneers will have. I think we are all looking forward to the first season before many are dispersed into the professional level for season 1. Good luck to all.
Cornholio
Cornholio

Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am
At first I thought I was going to be pumped for Opening Day. Now I sort of have mixed feelings about this. It is going to be really awesome to see everybody finally in actioN and make their debuts and all that. See some crazy stats going on and how awful everybody is haha. On the other hand, I think I am already dreading seeing my pitcher in action. For sure he’s going to stink up the joint and it may be a WHILE before I see a quality start out of him. There’s so many things I need to work on... and not enough tPE . Oh well screw it, let’s see what happens.
AW13
AW13
Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am
Opening day, wow it is close. I think for me personally it means different than a lot of other people or at least some other people probably share the same thoughts as well. What started out as just a random, "Let's create a baseball league to go along with EFL, SBA, and VHL," has become a real thing and we are still growing. We have had I think well over 50 creates now and teams are filling up. We, the admins, and just general people that have put work into this thing are seeing the league come into fruition and it is wonderful to see. Opening day means we have made it and then it is about making this a well oiled machine.
Berocka
https://howzatsim.com/

Sat May 30, 2020 10:36 am
Catching up with Day 3

Ranking the teams based on names & logos (nothing to do with personnel at all)

1. Victoria Monarchs, I picked this one first for one reason that I think most people have already guessed that have a small amount of knowledge of the Australian states. That is Victoria is a state in Australia. I don't particularly like the logo, I think a logo that showed off the old fashion monarchy in England would have been much better but it gets my like because of the nod to Australia. (I know this has nothing to do with Australia but I like to think it does)

2. Indianapolis Invaders, I picked this one second for another weird reason, my uncle bought me a hat once from the Indianapolis 500 and I wore it around school until it completely fell apart. I had a lot of great memories in that hat, and when it finally died I bought another online exactly like it, at that time you couldn't buy a cap in Australia that had elastic instead of the velcro adjustment at the back. So I picked the Invaders just for that reason.

3. Charlotte Cardinals, this one is a bit of a two part answer, the only American sport team I support is the St. Louis Blues, so picking the Cardinals is sort of like picking a St. Louis team plus if I had to pick a second favourite team in the NHL it would probably be the Hurricanes.

4. Minnesota Grizzlies, this is last for two reasons, I have played for Minnesota in a sim league before and I don't like the Minnesota Wild that is all.

Now for Day 7

Opening Day, am I excited well not really, and you might all think then why are you here. Well I am excited to get out there and play some baseball however I believe that I probably won't play opening day, so I am looking forward to my opening day. I now the first pitch will be a bit nerve racking, but I know once I get that first pitch away I will be fine and there will be nothing to worry about. My training and instincts will kick in and essentially I will be along for the ride. I am hoping that I have picked a good team and they will help me along my journey to becoming one of the best pitchers this league will ever see!
JorgTheGoat03

Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 am
Woooooooooo! I'm hyped! I can't wait to finally play. I hope to have a good outing. However, it'll be a tough game for me and my team. Additionally, my guess would be that Sora will be the best player tomorrow. He's an all-around monster and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the MVP.
7thInningStretch

Sat May 30, 2020 11:23 am
I'm excited to be our team's first starter for Opening Day. But if there's anything my limited experiences have taught me about baseball, it's that a player's average over time is far more important than single performances, especially in the regular season. Everyone wants to start off strong and boost their team's morale with an overwhelming Game 1 win - but in the playoffs, nobody says "oh, this series is over" after a bad game one unless you're a shock jockey/click bait-style journalist. Am I excited to get some strikeouts? Sure, of course I am. But you'd have to be crazy to make 15 K's for a starting pitcher the expectation.
Doomsday
Doomsday

Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am
The Sherbrooke Mohawks' locker room has been buzzing all week and we haven't even played a game yet. We're excited to get out there and see the results of our hard work on Opening Day! We'll quickly find out what we need to work on next as well, so we're just getting started. I don't know what to expect from the first games, but we're incredibly excited for it regardless.
StackTheRacks12

Sat May 30, 2020 11:47 am
Golden Goliath has been waiting for this day for quite some time. He's been hanging out with a couple of his buddies that currently play in the EFL named Clinton and Apollo King. Speaking to the professional duo, they broke down that GG should continue to improve on his game because the doubters will be watching heavily. He's looking forward to the first game against the Pioneers in what should be a solid duel between two stacked clubs. My prediction is that GG will have the lead in home runs by the end of the first set of games.
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Opening Day Hype,

The time is finally coming, and opening day is now on the horizon. I cannot believe this day is here. I have been involved since inceptions and seeing the first few games will mean we made it to our first goal. To see this place, grow into what it has so far means a lot to not just me but all the Admins and Staff here at SBL. This seems Like a good time for us to stop and think about just how far we have come and just how far we can go.

-SecondBaseBabe
Jetsqb101

Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm
I'm really excited for opening day, hopefully with this update Dale Cooper will be ready to make his impression on the league. I think I'm entering as one of the fastest players with one of the best ranges for outfielders, and I'm hoping to be competent at batting enough for my speed to be a problem. I'm hopeful that the story for us is over Pittsburgh's starting pitching, with Caramel Delight guiding Captain Hook, Original Dale-Cooper, and James Boxman to dominating performances.
Lefty
Lefty

Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm
Road to Opening Day 7/7 Openin10
Daddy
Daddy

Sat May 30, 2020 5:18 pm
Road to Opening Day 7/7 6-B748-CC8-9-AED-4125-97-D1-65-CC566-D568-E
Kelsier

Sat May 30, 2020 6:22 pm
Opening day? Man, it feels like just yesterday I wasn't playing, waiting for this whole thing to start up.
Oh wait....that was yesterday!
So without knowing anything about this league in its current state, and knowing nothing about the rosters, but loving baseball...

I think people will be surprised at how well the Storm pitching staff does, and I think EVERYONE will be a little disappointed in the quality of the games to open up the league.
With everyone being undeveloped, and the sim engine being new to A LOT of members, I'd wager that the opening day games will be the ugliest set of games the league will ever see.
But, we will all love it, and we will all play hard. Let's enjoy this season everyone and embark on this journey of making this league as big as it can be!

Catching up with ROTD 3, ranking the teams:

1.) Storm! Because I'm here, and I see the locker room. Big Mac is great, we have a great set of guys here, and I think we're all hungry and eager.
2.) Pioneers, because I like their logo a lot.
After that...man I don't really know. It can go any direction! It's a startup league. Anyone can be awful or great, and you have no way to actually know!
I also don't know the other teams! Opps.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum