Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
McWolf
McWolf

SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos Empty SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos

Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 pm
No one asked for a reveal for the bot teams. But I'm happy with the way the team looks and with the whole theme around them, so I decided I'd do a presentation anyway. The concept of the Miami Flamingos was actually brought by Motzaburger and I in the VHL, as an idea for a silly minor-league team. Motzaburger designed a vibrant logo for it and it was presented as is. Some BOG members didn't mind the fact that it was silly, others hated it. There was never an outright "no" for it, it was kind of in the limbo for a while, but then there was an expansion in Miami last offseason. The team is named the Marauders, so no use for the Flamingos logo and, even if it was designed with the VHL in mind, it was kind of clear at that point that it would never happen. So upon creating the bot team here, I hit Motza up and asked him if he'd let me use the logo. He was more than happy to do so.

SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos Imageproxy

For the uniforms, I had to choose between going bland and more realistic or creating an eyesore of a shirt that would make your eyes bleed everytime the team plays on stream. I truly hesitated, but ultimately opted for more realistic, yet fun, looking shirts. The light uniforms are white, with sunset-coloured shoulders (blue, red, orange, yellow, orange, red, blue). The word Miami is printed in front. The light jersey is sunny like Miami, but still easy to look at. For the dark shirt, I tried something, without going all-in with the pink. The whole jersey has two colours: charcoal and pink, but the pink is limit to a two tiny lines on each side of the buttons, an old-school pocket and the outline of the Flamingos wordmarked printed on the chest.

SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos Unknown

Where I definitely had the most fun with the creation of the team is with the bot names. Creating a full team of 100-TPE bots would have been boring as well if it wasn't for the sunny beach paradise-theme recurring in the names of the players. From fruit names to animals, passing by some light musical words and just straight up made but fun sounding words, this team has it all. I like to think that the team is an all-girl crew, cause it kind of fit the theme and the names better, but really I haven't gone as far as determining if part-time catcher Spaceship Watermelon was more a guy or a girl name. They can basically be whatever you want them to be.

SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos I-01 SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos I-02 SBLM Team Presentation: Miami Flamingos I_1-01

And with all that said, I wish everyone in the minor league a fun season. May the Flamingos bright up your day when they are on stream. Both because of their silly colours and silly names. But also because you are probably going to give them a beating most times you face them. My objective for the season is to get double digits in the wins column.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum