Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Spartan
Spartan

First SBLM Team Reveal Empty First SBLM Team Reveal

Sat May 09, 2020 9:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
The moment everyone has been waiting for is finally here!

After weeks and months of preparation, troubleshooting, and debate by our extremely awesome staff, I am proud to reveal the first team in the SBLM!

First SBLM Team Reveal 2933-2__40215.1429293213.1280.1280
This organization is a tribute to my favorite city, one of the most beautiful and prominent cities in the Eastern United States. Pittsburgh is truly a city of champions, as other local teams such as the Pittsburgh Penguins, Pirates, and Steelers boast multiple championship wins. However,  it's time for a new baseball team to continue the tradition of winning in the SBLM!

Please welcome.....the Pittsburgh Pioneers!
Logo:

In order to understand the roots of the name, let's go back to August 31st, 1803. Everyone who took history classes in the United States will probably remember being taught that Lewis and Clark began their expansion from Camp Dubois in Illinois, but a much lesser known fact is that Meriwether Lewis launched his 50-foot boat on the Allegheny River to begin what is famously known as the Corps of Discovery. In order to pay homage to a lesser known fact of United States and Pittsburgh history, I chose to brand my team as the Pittsburgh Pioneers.

As the logo implies, the color scheme for the Pioneers is Black and Gold, mirroring the color scheme for the other major Pittsburgh teams, as well as the city flag and the city's coat of arms. The uniforms, presented below, are relatively modern, and sleek. The Home jersey is a pinstriped white jersey, with black and gold trim and highlights. The Away jersey, or the Alternate jersey is an all-black jersey, with gold highlights. The primary cap used will be all black, with gold trim and the logo on the front. The secondary/alternate cap is all gold, with a black brim and will primarily be used for special occasions. Here is the first look at our S0 uniforms!

When creating these uniforms, I collaborated by Adidas to create uniforms that both honor the past and look towards the future. The pinstripe jersey, one of the most prominent uniforms in baseball, is a nod to our past. Adidas worked extensively with us to create these sleek, yet throwback uniforms. For our alternate, all-black jersey, we took a more modern approach to respect Pittsburgh's present and future. These uniforms were designed to mimic the Steelers' Black color rush jerseys with yellow trim.

Uniform:

Another crucial part of our team's identity lies in our beloved mascot! We don't have a name for him yet, as we'd like the public to have a hand in giving our first mascot his first ever name. This mascot (not stolen directly from the West Virginia Mountaineers), is the embodiment of a Pioneer, equipped with traditional garb, as well as a raccoon hat and a musket. Of course, he's always hyped for a Pioneers game, and will fire his musket or a cannon every time a run is scored! Introducing our mascot!

Mascot:

Lastly, it's time to reveal one of the most innovative and beautiful stadiums ever seen in a baseball minor league. From the very start, this organization was insistent on boasting a traditional field, with perfectly manicured grass and a standard field size. This stadium features a slight advantage towards batters, with generous wall distances and heights, and best of all, a retractable roof! In addition, this stadium will be one of the first to boast the Pittsburgh skyline mowed into the outfield! Although this team is in the minors, absolutely no corners have been cut, and no expenses have been spared. This organization's goals are to win, and to bring the first SBLM champion to the 'Burgh. Without further ado, here is a first look at our amazing stadium!

Stadium:

Overall, the future is bright for Pittsburgh, and in the next few days, the rest of the teams in the SBLM will be revealed. I genuinely can't wait to see what the other teams we'll be competing with will be, and to see their reveals! The SBL continues to progress towards our inaugural draft, and it's time to get absolutely hyped!
siddhus

First SBLM Team Reveal Empty Re: First SBLM Team Reveal

Mon May 11, 2020 1:49 am
Very nicely written writeup, and nice team idea. Good luck!
Caboose

Tue May 12, 2020 1:57 pm
Hmmm another Shittsburgh er uh I mean Pittsburgh team. (Sorry the Ravens fan in me is coming out)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum