Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020

+12
DollarAndADream
JorgTheGoat03
zekethatbeast25
7thInningStretch
Goliathus
Jetsqb101
lovesmuffins
McWolf
Playmaker
oilmandan
CaptainHook
SecondBaseBabe
16 posters
Go down
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020 Empty Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:25 pm
Lets Talk Rivalries.

Answer the following 8 questions  for 3 Tpe (minimum of 150 words without the question prompts)

1. Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way?
  2. Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player?
  3. What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals?
  4. Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and  what did they do?
  5. Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM?
  6. Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't?
  7. Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?)
  8. What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Smile

CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:44 pm
1. I would say the SBLM for now and when more players are on the SBL teams it will transition to that league having more rivalries.

2. My biggest rival is whoever I am pitching against. It is the goal every game to earn the win over the other pitcher.

3. I only know my team so my answer is going to be Pittsburgh. We have a good group of people and the locker room is busy with chat.

4. Can not think of one to be honest with you. I do like to see other players have personal success as long as they are not playing against us.

5. They are fine and cover all of the positions and reward those who have most excelled.

6. Not really. I am not the most active person around here. Like I said earlier my rival is whoever I am pitching against on any given day.

7. I like to think my player is looked at in a positive light.

8. A better more ease of use website. I know a lot of the users like to use discord but that is just not something I find myself on very much.
oilmandan
oilmandan

Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 pm
Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way? I think there are more rivalries in the SBLM at this point. With an extra year to build them. I'd imagine the SBL will get pretty heated by next season though.
Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player? I don't really have a rival yet. Hopefully soon though!
What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals? Maybe a team like Pittsburgh or Vegas. They seem to have a lot users talking in game threads or discord during games
Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and what did they do? Not really
Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM? Ya I believe they have a good mix and should help the rivalries intensify
Have your personal rivalries or league rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't? Maybe only that I feel myself more competing with the other GMs and not the players as much
Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?) At the beginning I wanted Delgado to be a be a cocky prick, but that kinda fell off after becoming a GM. Winning as a team has become more of the goal
What do you think this league needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Smile. Just time mostly. The intensity and rivalries will come naturally. And I think with all the cross league users, it won't take long to form
Playmaker
Playmaker

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:20 pm
I think rivalries seem to be a bit more prevalent in the SBL, but I could see it being a mix of the two. The problem with the SBLM, at the moment, is there really are only two good teams - and it doesn't seem like there has been a whole lot of banter between the players on those two teams as of yet. Honestly, I'd love for some more rivalries to start brewing. Nothing malicious, but it would be awesome if there was a "Trevor Bauer" equivalent in our league, and he lets people here about it when he just decimates a lineup. On the flip side, it would be great to see a lineup poking fun at a pitcher when they hit him around and bump his ERA up. It's probably pretty difficult to get that sort of thing going when people have players on multiple teams, but I think as more people start tricking towards the SBL we'll see more and more of it. Rivalries are good, as long as it doesn't get personal and start ruining somebody's fun. But it makes people more interested in individual matchups, and drives the interest week to week. In a sport like baseball, it can get monotonous just following box scores with no real context. If teams or players start feeling more allegiance to their team - and in turn, "hatred" towards other teams" - I think it's better in the long run and makes for a more fun environment. It's just like real sports, it would be tough to conjure up interest if nobody felt any sort of pride reping their team and going against the teams they don't like. Red Sox/Yankees, Lakers/Celtics, Cowboys/every other fan base in the NFL drives those leagues, and I think we could potentially see the same type of thing here at some point.
McWolf
McWolf

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SecondBaseBabe wrote:Lets Talk Rivalries.

Answer the following 8 questions  for 3 Tpe (minimum of 150 words without the question prompts)

1. Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way?
  2. Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player?
  3. What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals?
  4. Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and  what did they do?
  5. Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM?
  6. Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't?
  7. Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?)
  8. What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Smile

1. I don't know that there are rivalries at the moment, but I think they'll be more important in the SBL, as players stay there for a while.
2. Dale Cooper, and the reason is pretty much 100% because we are both CF. Going to be fighting for awards forever.
3. No idea, I feel like everyone is trying to compete.
4. You often see in the news stuff like 'that pitcher threw a 4-hit shutout' or 'that pitcher struck 15 out' and it sounds scary. Toronto is rarely on the wrong side of these, but still, it's scary.
5. Not sure there's any more awards that would make sense to add. We're already basically rewarding half the league. It's fine.
6. Nope. Still Dale Cooper, it'll always be Dale Cooper.
7. I think my reputation from other sim leagues is what make people see me as a rival. I'm usually pretty active and my players tend to do alright so I guess Sora got the pressure that he has to perform well haha
8. I think we need more members. That's the main thing at this point for me. There are like 20 active members split on 4 four teams in the majors, and split in 4 more in the minors. If my pitcher is not drafted to Toronto when he moves up, I'll have players on half the teams in the league. That's not much interesting to be honest. We need more members, more teams.

Jetsqb101 likes this post

lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 pm
1. I don't really think there are rivalries at all yet. We only really hvae 4 teams in each league and I don't think that is enough to warrant rivalries also considering that it's only been like two seasons.
2. Probably Lewin just because he is the other major SS and also max earns. He went more defensively and thus my ZR SUCKS BECAUSE OF HIM
3. Sherbrooke is definitely the most active of the teams and thus I could see an early rivalry emerge from them
4. no not yet but I hope one day this answer will be different.
5. I think they're ok but I can't wait for them to have custom names Smile
6. not really as I don't really pay attention much lol
7. absolutely. I am a goat and everyone wants to knock me down
8. More teams really but that'll come with team!

-me
Jetsqb101

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 pm

Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way?

SBLM, there aren't enough active players in the SBL right now to really feel a rivalry up there

Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player?

Mekajiki! It's a good rivalry though because I like him a lot as a player, but he's the guy I need to compare myself to

What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals?

Sherbrooke, we're a very confident squad this season and I think we're the favorites in every game we play

Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and what did they do?

Watching Wang throw a no hitter made me pretty happy that he was pitching for my team

Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM?

I think the Golden Gloves and Silver Sluggers are enough.

Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't?

Yeah, because the SBLM changed really dramatically with the draft

Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?)

I'm a competitive guy regardless. The fun part of sim leagues to me is trying to make my player as good as possible, and I like to be surrounded by users who are trying to do that with their players too

What do you think this league needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts

We need more people up in the big leagues and more parity between the SBL teams. Right now they seem to be kind of poorly balanced after the first draft
Goliathus

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 pm
1. For players, I think they should carry their rivalries from SBLM to SBL if they are of the same year range. I mean, if you look at the good stories, they are mostly told that way. For teams, I expect them to eventually form rivalries out of history when the league is like 10 seasons in. The story pretty much write itself.

2. I don't really care but apparently Zeke wants to make my players his rivals so I am on with that. It's not as fun as you think cuz it's Zeke and the fact that he doesn't know a lot about baseball, so not as fun as in a sport he understands. Like if I put up 50 points against his player in a basketball league, he can understand the siginificance, but not really in here.

3. Hard to tell on competitive spirit, all I ask is for GMs to not slack -- that kills competitive spirit out of everything.

4. Fuck that, I am trying to beat the final boss, not run from it.

5. I always feel like pitchers are rewarded too little in baseball. The batters have a shit ton of awards while all the pitchers, which is not exactly a small amount compared to batters, can only go for best reliever or best pitcher -- or a very long short at MVP, which is largely a batter award. I have no idea how but rewarding more pitchers with a custom, original award doesn't hurt IMO.

6. Not really, Zeke is still hounding me everyday.

7. Wang is humble in RL and I am sticking with it. Trade Asset I am running with a more "black comedy" kind of gag, so no. OOC I am pretty competitive so there's that.

8. More players, hopefully the next recruitment drive is good. Also, we need new blood. Nothing against cross-league members but it's the same old faces and I am bored to go against them in every league. New blood will spark me more, personally.
7thInningStretch

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:49 pm
Rivalries right now are definitely more prevalent in the SBLM, if only because there's a season of human managers & human players' advantage over the SBL. If you look at it, Vegas having a strong legacy of defense pits them strongly against Sherbrooke (who had the best offense) and Pittsburgh (who were best overall), with an easy rivalry with Sherbrooke because of the way Vegas's season ended, for example.

My biggest personal rival has to be Magnus Coretti. We competed a lot in the SBLM and he was easily one of the most active pitchers, even if his team didn't have great results last season. He's struggling a bit in the SBL, but I'm confident our rivalry will continue to intensify if only because he can throw balls in the high 90s!

I'd say probably Pittsburgh and Indianapolis if I had to pick one team from each 'tier' of the SBL. I think Pittsburgh has some pretty strong sports rivalries in real life and is generally not viewed very positively across sports (although that may have something to do with my being a Baltimore Ravens fan than anything else) but they also recruited easily the most active team head-to-tail in S0 with a decent shot at repeating in S1. Indianapolis has the "unbeatable Goliath" aspect to them in the SBL this season, though I'm not sure their rivalries run quite as deep.

I think our current awards are fine but a bit much for the number of players we currently have. I would definitely keep them the same for now because as the league grows, the awards like GG and Silver Slugger will mean a lot more (instead of being the best of 3-4 players).

[285 w/ answers only]
zekethatbeast25
zekethatbeast25

Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:54 pm
Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way?
I say SBL, with some new draftees and incoming talent, those rivalries will last much longer, IMO. I'd love to see some pitcher battles to be honest, it's going to be exciting for the future of SBL.

Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player?
Probably Goli, he is a sim league and OOTP god, I have always looked up to him, and am always competitive with him. I know he will always be a master at maxing and earning TPE, that's something I want to compete with.
What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals? No idea to be honest, but yes I think it does. Like BRK in SBA, many teams want to fuck them over because they win so much.
Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and what did they do?
Probably Turner stealing so many bases, his 2B was great at that, so I'm glad I made a SS.
Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM?
Yea I do, a lot of our races last year were quite close, including the Pitcher of the Year.
Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't?
Nope, I am still going at it with Goli, and many others I'd say as well. some of them I'm actually on a team with.
Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?)
Yea personally for me it does, I know many people hate me, and many people like me in sim leagues, that's something i have to adjust to.
What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Smile
Nothing really, I feel like the admins are doing a terrific job!
JorgTheGoat03

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:13 pm
1. I think teams' rivalries are more prevalent in the SBLM while individuals' rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL.
2. I dont have one, but I would consider the players to being rivals are Magnus and Cid. The reason that makes competing against them fun is that I know that I have to push myself to my absolute best if I want to compare to their performances.
6. Not really. I'm still trying to keep up with Magnus and Cid. It hasn't changed cause they're still the best pitchers in the league.
8. I feel that the biggest need is more players/users and thus more teams. This will mean that there will be teams in all stages of the rebuilding process. Also, there won't be the feel of having a player on half the teams in the league or being a teammate with around half the users in the league. Lastly, if there is any fresh blood (users who aren't in several other sim leagues) it will help create a more uniqueness to this league that other leagues don't have.
Word Count 183
DollarAndADream

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:41 pm
Lets Talk Rivalries.

1. I think the SBL is a little too new for any team to have established a true rivalry. The SBLM has had another season to flourish and develop the deep hate between teams or players.
2. I feel like I don't really have a true rival yet. I've just been trying to establish my game as a number one pitcher before making my way to the big leagues. I don't hate anyone.
3. Probably Pittsburgh, or Vegas or something. I can only speak for Sherbrooke and Chicago, which this season the locker rooms are pretty quiet. Maybe other teams are more populated.
4. Not really. Last season I was surprised my player won the ASG though so that was unexpected.
5. We just started so I think the awards are okay for now. Should maybe revisit in 2-5 seasons time.
6. I think this season with Chicago, I'm more just trying to play as good as I can before departing for the SBL. Last season, I was in a line of starting pitchers and I don't think I really established any rivalries other than trying to outperform my own teammates.
7. I generally stay pretty humble and supportive of my teammates. If someone is trying to beat me on the field more than usual, it's because of the numbers I put up.
8. I think we are good where we are at. We just started out so I don't see a need to make any big changes.
Psanchez55

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:15 am

1. Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way? (Personal rivalries are more prevalent in the SBLM. That's where people's attention is right now. You have the pitching rivalry between  Bridges and Wang, the shortstop rivalry between Igloo and Lewin. The M is more interesting at the moment)

2. Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player? (McKenzie has two main rivals. Rocky Mitchell and McKenzie battled for the title of the SBLMs most dominant batter, and for the home run crown. Flynn Fungo played left field and somewhat in his mind got the idea that he is on McKenzie's level. Currently, the rival has to be Fungo. He's pushing McKenzie to keep getting better)

3. What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals? (Indy and Sherbrooke are the most competitive teams in the league.)

4. Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and  what did they do? (McKenzie is the best player in the league.  He's ready to compete with anyone regardless of position.  However, I am glad I'm not an uncapping pitcher in the SBLM right now...)

5. Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM? (We have the right awards.)

6. Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't? (Last season, it was McKenzie vs Mitchell. Now it's McKenzie vs Fungo. Things have changed a bit.)

7. Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?) (McKenzie is just an ordinary guy. I'm sure people love him.)

8. What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Themed Task August 2nd 2020 to August 8th 2020 Icon_smile (mainly the league needs to grow.  More players results in more "personalities" which eventually results in more rivalries)

Uphillmoss

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:25 am
SecondBaseBabe wrote:Lets Talk Rivalries.

1.I think rivalrys haven’t really formed yet, but they should form in the sbl very soon.
2.I have been competing with tracy prezzy jr all year, i think i have a shot at winning mvp over him but almost certainly won’t. My only hope is that my zr spikes and i can keep a better average than him.
3. I think toronto is filled with it, and thats why we have been so good.
4. I remember flynn went an entire game where he didn’t get out, and even got four steals, and i thought, im glad im that giy.
5. I like awards and i am super competitive for them.
6. My rival last year was turner, but he stayed in the m so now its prezzy.
7. Idk, i need to see what people say about me.
8. We just need more players. Other than that this league is a perfect little angle
Doomsday
Doomsday

Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:10 am
Do you think Rivalries are more prevalent in the SBL or The SBLM? Why do you think it is that way? - I can't really answer for the SBL, but it seems difficult to forge rivalries at this point with so few teams. Yeah, I'd like to beat Pittsburgh because they beat us last year, but is that really a rivalry? At this point it seems more like individual rivalries, rather than team rivalries.
Who is your biggest personal rival? What makes competing with that player fun or worthwhile for you as a player? - If you're not on my team, then you're someone I need to be better than. I love cheering my teammates on, so they can win all the individual accolades as long as we win it all. That's the hardware that's truly important.

What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals? - Sherbrooke and Pittsburgh are the two most prideful teams I would say, so naturally it's a lot of fun when those two get together. Definitely make sure you get tickets for a series they play!

Can you think of a time where a player did something so epic you were like " I am glad I am not in the position/ competing with them?" who was it and what did they do? - Chien Ming Wang I believe it was threw a no hitter, and all I could say was, "Thank God I don't have to bat against him!"

Do you like our current awards? Do you think they encourage people to be competitive? If not what do you think would dive up a more competitive spirit in the SBL and SBLM? - It's the usual awards, so I can't really say that anything's missing. I think some positions like RPs won't really get a lot of love, so maybe some of those positions should get something created for them.

Have your personal rivalries or leauge rivalries changed since last season? why do you think they changed or didn't? - Pittsburgh is still our biggest threat, so naturally we want to be able to beat them and show that we're that much better now. They're the best measuring stick for us at the moment.

Do you think your player persona adds to how competitive people are with you? ( do people love to hate you or love to love you?) - I'm mostly keeping to my respective clubhouses, but having discussions outside of that, I really don't think there's any animosity. The competitive streak is only on the field.

What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts. - More players, which will lead to more teams. It will take time, but boy is this league still fun as we get to that point.
Cornholio
Cornholio

Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 pm
Answering this cause I thought the other one was for last week, not this week...

I think rivalries are more stronger in the Minors cause that is where everybody is starting out so their smack talk is a little stronger. Everybody’s a little more mature and down to earth at the bigs level. I was more intensely involved in the minors and took it hard when my team Las Vegas didn’t win. This year, I’m not quite so sure if I’ll be more bummed over Indianapolis or Sherbrooke losing

I don’t think I’ve established any rivalries but I’ve got a good friendly competition going on between myself and my fellow teammate Beatrix Ajax. We were on the same Centurions team last year which made it fun. Ending up together on the Invaders made it more fun this year I think.

What teams do you think have the most competitive spirit? Do you think that contributes to weather people consider them as their rivals?
Most competitive spirit, I think Sherbrooke has it in the bag. They pulled off an amazing run last season in the postseason and turned a lot of heads. I think as the years progresses, we’ll have more materials to work with.

I think it’s the first basemen. It’s so tight and close between Prezzy, Delgado and uhh that other guy I can’t remember his name right now. But first basemen is already a tight field for the positional awArds so I don’t envy them.

I think the awards are really good as it is right now. I like the concept of having silver sluggers and golden gloves. It rewards those players who choose to focus on offense or defense and I think both builds have their own merits.

I think they’ve mostly remained the same, my friendly competition with Ajax. I was able to set up another friendly competition in the Minors between Homerun Kid and Devin Lewin, which I think I’m gonna win.

There’s not too much in character content right now so uh I’m not sure how to answer this question. I think I’m a generally affable guy.

What do you think this leauge needs the most to increase the amount of competitiveness between teams and players? Or are we prefect as we are? let us know your thoughts Smile
Id like to see a little more player drama going on. See some cold, screwed moves among the GMs and the players. That would make things a little more interesting around here.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum