Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020

+15
DollarAndADream
Psanchez55
Doomsday
Symmetrik
Uphillmoss
Snussu
acydburn
AW13
Cornholio
Big Mac
Goliathus
CaptainHook
JorgTheGoat03
zekethatbeast25
SecondBaseBabe
19 posters
Go down
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020 Empty Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:02 pm
THE PLAYOFF ARE HERE Very Happy

I had this up late, so answer 6 of these and get your TPE Questions?

Who do you think will win the SBLM "World Series" and Why?
Who do you think will win the SBL World Series and Why?
Who do you think is going to be the SBLM MVP?
What did you think of this first SBL Season?
What could We do to Make SBL better?
Why did you choose to stay down or move up?
Who was the most Fun Player on your team and why?
Craziest thing that happened to your player this season?
Do you like your Team logo?
React to the new SBL Logos.. Which one doe you like more? Toronto Big Horns or The Drillers ?

Graphic task.
Any Playoff graphic .. have fun Smile
zekethatbeast25
zekethatbeast25

Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:11 pm
It was honestly amazing, great introduction to a very sucessfull league so far, and starting a great path down the road.

Nothing really, probably more uncapped TPE Opportunities?

Wanted to get more experience, better TPE advantage I'd say.

Shark's player was for sure fun to see in the sims!

My shutout game, I don't remember against who, but I had multiple of them, those were the best ones.

Honestly could be better lmao
JorgTheGoat03

Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task June 28th 2020- July 4th 2020

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 pm
1. I believe either Vegas or Sherbrooke will win the SBLM World Series because Vegas has a great pitching rotation and Sherbrooke has been playing well recently.
2. I think it's clear that Indianapolis will win the SBL World Series because they're the best batting team in the league and have 1 of the best pitching rotations in the league.
3. My best guess would be McKenzie.
4. I loved it! It was absolutely amazing!
5. I honestly don't know. Maybe during the off-season you could do something like a FIBA tournament or a Drew League.
6. I decided to move up because I believed that I was ready for it.
7. Everyone on my team is amazing, so I can't just pick one player. But if I had to throw names out they would be GG, McKenzie, Fukushima, and Mekajiki.
8. I pitched one of best games in the entire SBLM.
9. Absolutely
10. I live them both, but if I had to choose 1, I would choose the Big Horns' logo.
CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 pm
I dont know who is in the World Series. This site is not user friendly to get around.

Ask around in the community if there is a web developer or someone with user interface ability.

Staying down not enough TPE earned to be confident for the pro level yet.

Hook was off to a fast start which was surprising because we did not know how anyone would perform in the new league.

It is too patriotic for my taste but I do like the colors.

React to the new SBL Logos.. Which one doe you like more? Toronto Big Horns or The Drillers ?
Again, where do I find this? They are not listed as teams in the home page section of the site.
Goliathus

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 am
Vegas Centurion cuz it's my team and pitching is usually more consistent than batting. Pioneers' bat just need to choke like 2 games and we will get it in the bag.

WAR says Pingu.

As fun as it can be.

Give more positional flexibility, like at least one more or it's just too strict and it really affects draft -- like you can draft 2x 2B and at least put one of them away with more flexibility. Now when you have a 2B you don't want a 2B, and it's just too forced one way or another. Baseball players should be able to field multiple positions, like at least one with 100/200 XP start is good enough. It also affects minors, cuz playing out of position with 0/200 is death sentence in fielding. Like seriously, are we really trying to limit new players so much that we have to say this: "well we already have 4 2Bs in this league and all the 2Bs are active in major, so try to not make 2B" to new players? What if they really like 2Bs? With double position, at least he can pick another main and keep 2B as side pos, or main 2B and master another, and will have a happier time and career than this strict-as-heck system.

Explained last week, but TLDR I am a TPE whore and not going up with 299 capped makes my ass tingle.

I like it but warrior themed is getting boring.

Big Horns for sure, unique design and artstyle. I am sorry but Drillers look worst than SBA's SBDL team Beaumont Barons if we are comparing oil-themed logo. I don't "get" their uniform either. One is like a neon police shirt and another is just...I won't wear it to the street for sure.

As for the logo itself, I don't like the water drop in the middle. I think it's 10/10 if you are an oil company but I really don't feel it for a sport logo.
Big Mac
Big Mac

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 am
Who do you think will win the SBLM "World Series" and Why? I believe in my non-biased opinion Vegas will win it because of how well they’ve performed in what I see as a slightly tougher conference
Who do you think will win the SBL World Series and Why? The invaders which is in my opinion the clear best team
Who do you think is going to be the SBLM MVP? It depends if pitchers stand a chance then I’d say Zeke is the Most Valuable Player
What did you think of this first SBL Season? I think most things went smoothly at face value not much if anything that I saw got pushed very far back
What could We do to Make SBL better? - I think pitchers should be able to have hitting attributes at the gate but much worst caps, and allow them to buy better caps
Why did you choose to stay down or move up? - because I want to have the better chance to assess myself in the SBL
Cornholio
Cornholio

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:45 am
Vegas Centurions. I have faith in our team especially our pitching rotation to carry us to the promised land. Our hitting can back us up, which is why I believe in our odds more than any other team.

Indianapolis Invaders — which also happens to be my team with both of my fillers there lol. But this team has proven to be the best in both aspects, hitting and pitching. It will be tough to get us out in a multi-game series IMO.

I’m not sure on this one. Hitters I could see Caleb Marko or Rocky Mitchell Winning this one. If it was a pitcher I’d say Cid Ramirez. Not sure how much or where the voters are valuing numbers at right now.

I thought it went pretty well. The live sims were extremely cool and this definitely differentiates ya from all other sim leagues. The index is uploaded really fast which is a huge plus. Activity on the forums are pretty quiet and I don’t use the league discoed too much so maybe the activity there is pretty robust? But I look forward to this league continuing!

More activity on the forums and users but I think that will come in due time. Keep up the good work y’all guys.

I moved up because I wanted to take advantage of that TPE payout and get an advantage over everybody else. There are some people who would prefer to optimize their jump, but that’s not big for me. I want to be a part of S1 in this league and start building up my resume as a power pitcher ASAP. So why not make the jump?

I’d probably say Goliathus and Pi GU. They’re fun and made our Centurions LR lively with good discussions and a shitload of OOTP info that was very helpful to my build. Symmetrik too for the pitch change recommendations, which helped my pitcher turn his season around and become the strikeouts leader.

My player getting slaughtered in the All Star game cause he was drunk and wasn’t expecting to go in.

Centurions ain’t too bad. It’s definitely different from the other spartan/warrior themed logo but at the same time - I think the name could be better but that’s just me. Invaders are cool too - I believe this is the first alien-themed one and the colors are cool too.

I think I like the Drillers logo more — altho I have to admit it kinda looks more of a football logo than a baseball one. The Bighorns aren’t too bad either but I think it’s kinda tough to find a good baseball logo without any utilization of the ball itself. Probably just a personal preference of mine.
AW13
AW13
Admin

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 am

Personally, I believe the Centurions will win it all. I think pitching is huge in the playoffs and they have proven to be the best pitching team in the league.

I think most of the focus is on Indy for their regular season that they had. I am going to go out on a limb and say Charlotte because playoffs can be madness in just a series.

This one is so hard. I think it is a 5 man race with Pingu, IsRealDaddy, McKenzie, Marko, and Strong. I think maybe all the Pitt players will kind of cancel each other out for importance which leaves Pingu and McKenzie. I can't honestly say I know who right now but I do think McKenzie was the most well rounded offensive player while Pingu was probably the best all-around player with steals, hitting, and defense.

I think it has gone really well. I can't wait to see how we grow. There have been some things we can improve on but so far so good.

I think we need to grow for sure as the main part. I also think we can have ideas for including an overall 14-cap for everyone at some point.

I chose to go up because as the league commish, I need to be the biggest advocate for our professional league and also want to be able to have a leg up on some of the Season 2 guys.

Probably between one of our pitchers in Magnus or Bridges. Both were electric at times and held together our weak pitching outside of them.

Rooks led the SBLM in ZR I believe which is crazy to think about. I wanted him defensive but he was otherwordly on defense.

No complaints, it definitely fits and black and red is very Chicago-esque.

This one is hard. I like them both a lot and them both being user-designed is just terrific!

Just wanted to answer them all Smile
acydburn

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:23 pm
I think there were a few bumps in the road, I think having a different way to watch the games would be nice and all information in one spot.

Make it so you don't need a job to hit the 14 cap. Doing reviews like SBA or requiring more tasks like VHL has been working fine for them.

Wanted to move up, try and see newer places. That 150 TPE boost will be nice as well.

Probably Pingu Flipperson, man can that guy bat

Yes I think the Centurions Logo was well done

I think they're interesting, have to give it to the Drillers even though the Big Horns are a bit more intricate.
Snussu

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am
I'm a rebel and will answer all

Might be honking my own horn, but I think Sherbrooke is strong contender. They have very underrated team

I think Indianapolis is strongest here. Their Pitching staff is phenomenal and their batting doesnt leave much to desire

Couple of strong Contenders are Rocky Mitchell, Kurtis MacKenzie and Cid Ramirez

I think it has been successful all-around season.

hmm. I think just keeping going like we've been. With time more users come and we will be able to expand and improve

I decided to stay down!

I think Sora Mekajiki or Mario McRlawin. Those 2 had amazing season

I think that i was batting under .150 for a very long time

Yeha ofc! Its very nice and clean

I think i have to go with Toronto. Love the branding and logos very clean
Uphillmoss

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:52 am
Pittsburgh cause we da best
Probably kurtis mckenzie, sora, or turner
It was amazing, i loved playing in this league.
Give more tpe to fungo and have more HH moments
I’ve been near the top of tpe class, and i want to be the best i can.
Either @secondbasebabe or @jetsqb because they would always be really awesome in the LR
The amount of times i either stole second and third in the same appearance, or mr and turner would steal a base on the same pitch was insane

They both look amazing, honestly i kinda like the logo of the oilers better, but i like everything else about torontos branding better
Symmetrik
Symmetrik

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Pingu Flipperson has a pretty good chance, without diving into it too much I'm not sure if he'd be my choice, but he led in WAR and that's typically a pretty popular metric for awarding MVP.

I thought it was pretty good, I'll be interested to see how things are different, more normal with people going into the draft and the majors now.

I always liked being there in the first season of league. I want a chance to win as many Gold Gloves as possible so that means not falling too far behind.

The turn around when I rerolled my position. I was so bad as a Shortstop when I was listed as 2B. My ZR was something like -3.5, and after changing it steadily climbed and I ended up at +4.8.

Yeah Vegas is pretty nice. The helmet is cool and it's well designed.

I like the Bighorns brand, but the logo is a little unclear. The horns aren't bad but the shape of the goat seems a little odd. I'm not totally sold on the Drillers logo either, but I do think it's easier to understand.
Doomsday
Doomsday

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 pm
What did you think of this first SBL Season? - I thought it was great! The live sims were an awesome touch, really took me back to the old days.

What could We do to Make SBL better? -I'm hoping the Twitch streaming can smooth out, because that was really cool. But, as far as SBL stuff... I'd like to see players able to choose a secondary position. It could offer more flexibility for GMs and also increases the likelihood that an active player can be plugged into a lineup and play.

Why did you choose to stay down or move up? - I didn't get to make that call, but I've got a chance to really establish myself as a top prospect for next season. I can refine my game and be in as good a position as possible for when my day to go pro comes.

Who was the most Fun Player on your team and why? - Golden Goliath was a guy that came through in big moments and was a riot to have in the dugout. Gonna miss him next season, but maybe one day we can play together again in the SBL.

Craziest thing that happened to your player this season? - Definitely making the All-Star Game. I got a relatively late start, but I was thrilled with what I was able to accomplish this season. Going off in the playoffs was also awesome, but unfortunately it couldn't bring home a championship.

Do you like your Team logo? - I'm a really big fan of the Sherbrooke Mohawks' brand. It fits the city perfectly, even if I did have ancestors murdered by the Mohawk tribe.
Psanchez55

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:10 am
I believe the Pioneers will win, because I can predict the past
Should've been Indy. They were easily the best
No bias at all... Kurtis McKenzie is easily the league MVP
It was great. Surprised at how balanced pitching and batting was
I chose to move up because pros is where the fun is... I hope
Lucas Peterson. Listen to some of the things he says
DollarAndADream

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:57 am
Pittsburgh has a really strong team. I figured they would have the best chance. Although I'm answering this after the fact.

I think it was pretty good fun, all things considered. Everyone started off on the same page, affiliation was very accomodating, and everyone was helpful.

I'm staying down because I was a free agent. I don't think I would have moved up anyways. I want more development in the M.

Winning the All-Star MVP. Went downhill after that!

Definitely have nothing against the logo! I think the SBL logos are a great crop.

React to the new SBL Logos.. Which one doe you like more? Toronto Big Horns or The Drillers?
In all honestly, I don't really like either of them. The Drillers one reminds me of the Edmonton Oilers and looks a little plain to me. I think I'd have to go with the Bighorns even though it looks plain to me as well.
Jetsqb101

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:55 pm

I wanted to move up so that I wasn't always behind the top earners in the league

I'd have to say Ocean Man, just for the copypasta that goes along with Ocean Man

Starting in the all-star game over Mekajiki wasn't expected, but I think the bigger surprise was the HRs Cooper hit with 25 power

I have no clue, maybe Gustav IsRealDaddy? He was great at OBP and stealing bases

It was lots of fun, I liked the presentation style

It'll get better over time with more users and more teams imo
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:02 pm

I chose to go up cause what's the real reason to stay down? I want to make my legacy as soon as possible thank you!

Stop capilitizng words within a sentence, just kidding. Make announcements more coherent I suppose. There was two declaration threads because... reasons??

Absolutely.

Got the 2nd highest batting score with like 7 RBIs and 2 Homeruns or something like that!

Not me that's for sure, probably pingu due to the mad amount of steals.

Didn't pay attention to SBL ngl.

GustavMattias
GustavMattias

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I had fun! I wasn't sure if I was going to stick around or not at first as I got caught up in a big time sink with some other things but I've got no regrets about joining and I'm looking forward to building a solid player.

Make player brands worth 3 TPE! I like to make sigs for player brands, but themed tasks are less work than that for me and are worth more. I'd love to start doing player brands consistently here but right now there really isn't any reason why I wouldn't do a themed task.

I'm choosing to stay down because I joined a bit later than the top of my class and I didn't get job pay for the first week or two. I'd rather maximize my potential than spend some time behind the top of my class.

I could just go with someone I knew coming over here from the VHL (or, to some extent, the EFL), but I'm going to say @JorgTheGoat03 for this one because he's the first (and probably only) person I've gotten to know specifically through the SBL and nowhere else. He's also Sherbrooke's best pitcher by far, very active in the locker room, and I personally really appreciate that he does Statmaster every week!

Probably thinking "yeah, that will get better" after seeing myself get off to an above 5.50-ERA start and then watching it not get better at all because I upgraded stamina rather than anything else for half the season.

I'm fine with it. I think Chicago has the most baseball-y logo out of everyone right now--I like something good and clean--but I'm fine with Sherbrooke's.

JorgTheGoat03 likes this post

7thInningStretch

Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 am
I think it's a toss-up between Gustav IsRealDaddy, Kurtis McKenzie, and Caleb Marko among batters. There are a few other candidates in there - like the less-flashy Sora Mekajiki who makes his living as a great two-way player - but the best in terms of smacking home runs, making contact, and knocking in prior batters is likely going to be picked from one of these four. It's hard to assess fielding and batting impact combined for both players, however, so if we wanted a better two-way candidate we'd have to look a bit further.

I thought it was cool! I didn't like how our season ended (the last 7 regular season or 3 playoff games), but we obviously can't control much of that beyond simply updating and being good community members.

I chose to move up to help populate the majors. The 150 boost is sufficient that I don't feel ripped off by going up, and there are few enough pitchers present that I'm not terribly worried about a crazy level of competition beyond starters.

I have to give it to my boy Pengu, but I think there are several really close candidates like Cornholio and Lefty who were great to have around. Many of the members in the LR were active on game days and constantly asking questions, so we could help each other figure out the site together - which made for a nice team environment.

Of course! The Vegas Centurions are a weird combination of sophistication and wildness in terms of location vs. logo, but I quite liked the disciplined nature of the centurion.

React to the new SBL Logos. Which one do you like more? Toronto Big Horns or The Drillers?
I like them both plenty. I don't think I've ever seen a "Big Horns" logo before though so I'll go with Toronto's, as I was around for the NFL's Tennessee/Houston Oilers as a child.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum