Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020

+7
Jetsqb101
lovesmuffins
Goliathus
CaptainHook
oilmandan
Cornholio
SecondBaseBabe
11 posters
Go down
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020 Empty Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:46 pm
Theme of the week .... Team Pride Smile

Written / Podcast task (150 words or 5 min minimum for 3 tpe)

We have spirit yes we do, we have spirit how about you? This weeks task is all about exploring what you love about your team, so get on the SBL(M) hype train and start typing or recording. For this task you can write a team cheer or chant, go in-depth about the best aspect of your team ( the locker room or your stats or that you throw the best parties), The whole point of this task is to expose the rest of the leauge to the best parts of your team. Literally what makes you proud that you short your current team logo with pride, you can shout out players and your GM if you like as well. I look forward to seeing the Hype Fest lol

or

Graphic Task

Show me an image that highlights your team pride. Feel free to ge creative and do a banner, or slogan based media to really push the point home and get the 3 tpe Smile
Cornholio
Cornholio

Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 pm
This one should be entertaining. Let’s talk about my two teams - the Indianapolis Invaders of the SBL and the Sherbrooke Mohawks of the Minors.

Indianapolis is a nice place and a good LR atmosphere - everybody is mostly focused on their own play. There’s monitors all over the locker rooms so we are reviewing our performances for that day. Some congratulations are shared especially if somebody did something good. It’s nice and simple.

Sherbrooke really takes their postgame celebrations to new heights. After every victory, there is a big ass food spread where everybody can help themselves to whatever they want and music pumping into the room through our sound system which is pretty cool. The manager posts up stat sheets and we call out the big time performers on that particular day. Sometimes there’s a shower of a cooler full of ice cold water so we help cool off that red hot player and get everybody pumped and ready for tomorrow. Everybody really embraces the culture here and it helps us keep our eyes on the big prize at the end of the season.
oilmandan
oilmandan

Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task August 9th 2020 to August 15th 2020

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 pm
I'm extremely proud of how the Drillers have continued to push thru this very disappointing season. I know it's not easy as the GM and I know it can't be easy as the players trudging thru a losing year. But we all know better times are ahead and that we have a great foundation to build on. Obviously it can't get much worse at this point (crying face)

It'll be nice to get some new faces in the draft and make a big push next season. Once we do that, I'll be even more proud of the guys that were here the first year and battled thru and will be getting some much deserved success.

#DrillDeeper

As for the Chicago Storm, it's been another tough slog. I've had 3 players play there so far and I do believe we have the best logo, so I'm definitely proud of that part
CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:29 pm
What we have that works in Pittsburgh is a team that has bought in to the success and the consistent performance that we get each game. This team is built on the foundation of winning and is now looking to be slowed down any time soon. It is exciting to be on this team and have the knowledge that we can win on any day against any of the other teams. The locker room is a friendly place to be and while I am not the chatty type of person I do see that the group gets a long as well as we could hope to see. I think Pittsburgh can continue this success even after I move on with Captain Hook to the pro level. They have the right manager in place to keep the winning going. I will miss the team but it is also my time to move on to bigger things.
Goliathus

Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:06 pm
I am in two teams so I guess I will talk about both. For the Spartans, I totally expect the crowd to go THIS IS SPARTANS and do a front kick whenever we hit a home run. Imagine a stadium where 50k fans are kicking all at once, now that is just epic! Or at least the whole locker room should do it, maybe the bullpen too. Or we do it anytime we get a K, just for the extra fun.

For Mohawks, I say we pun the word "Mohawk" and have weird fake mohawk hair-like war bonnets. When the starter or another pitcher heads to the mount, have them wear the hat until they gets in, like a wrestler's entrance, with some war chants or something like that. Maybe have a customized bonnet for everyone too, so everyone gets involved. Also, let's learn some native American war dances as well, and pull that off on occasions. I am a bi fan of paying respect to whatever the team the team has and aboriginal people of any place usually have their own cultural cerenomies and stuff to get creative ideas from.

[192 words]
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:37 pm
Jetsqb101

Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:49 pm
I don't have hype for my team in the SBL because we have 3 active players on it, which is making the league a drag.

in the SBLM I think our hype comes from Snu mostly. He gives us shout outs when we perform, and he built a hell of a team that I think has a great chance to win the title this season. I also get really excited by our pitching staff because Wang is on it and he's a monster, and then me and BigBlue have had awesome seasons as rookies where we can pitch the team to a win on any given day. We don't really have a weakness as a team in my opinion, so I'm excited for Sherbrooke to show off our strength in the post season as I try to go 2 for 2 for SBLM titles with my players. Hopefully Shaman is clutch in the postseason
DollarAndADream

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 pm
Let's talk about the Chicago Storm! Look at us, clinching that final wild card spot. The great thing about these leagues is that everyone has a chance. Jermaine Cole has the 2nd best ERA in the SBLM, and even the most complete games with 8! On top of that are his league best 6 shutouts, and the 2nd most innings pitched and strikeouts! There are even more categories than that where he is among the league's top players. If Jermaine Cole is out there on the mound, and hot in his game, then the Chicago Storm have a chance to win every single time! Not only that, but Chicago pitchers Erik Shawn and Xiaojian Zheng are killing it out there as well! They grabbed some top spots in pitching categories as well.

On top of the pitchers are the Storm's batters, hitting and running their asses off out there. Gus IsRealDaddy has a top 5 batting average, and is in the top 5 for on base and slugging percentage too! IsRealDaddy is one of the best batters out there. Thomas Rose and Dovah Kiin are not too shabby themselves. Maybe Dovah Kiin is cheating though considering he is dragonborn and can just shout the ball into the sky.

Having these top pitchers and batters will do nothing but good things for a team. Chicago has as good a chance as any in the post-season, I'd think.
Playmaker
Playmaker

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:35 pm
Best part about the Mohawks (aside from the great locker room) is easily the balance within the team. We have talent at every spot, and it makes following the team so much more enjoyable. There isn't one portion of the game which I dread. We have a great lineup with a good balance of guys who can hit for average or power. We have decent fielding and have put the right guys in the correct spots to create the best possible defensive alignment. We have speed guys who can take bags and keep other teams off balance. Our pitching staff is arguably the best in the league after having four starters named to the All-Star game. Our bullpen can be shaky at times, but it's not like any other team's bullpen is considerably better. I'm just a huge fan of how Snussu put the team together, and I'm glad that I could be a part of the squad during my pre-draft season.
McWolf
McWolf

Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:54 pm
I'll focus on my SBL team and maybe add some shit about my SBLM team if I need some more words. One of the things I like the most about the Toronto Longhorns is the overall commitment to the small ball. Night in, night out, that's our batting lineup:

1. Flynn Fungo
2. Pingu Flipperson

We start strong with two of the best speed demons in the league. They are both casually able to single, steal second then score from there on a subsequent single. They create runs with their legs more than with their bats but it makes the whole thing interesting.

3. Sora Mekajiki
On virtually any other team, Mekajiki would probably be a leadoff batter, just like he was in Sherbrooke last season, but as one of the better contact batters on the team, he's expected by the Bighorns staff to push his leadoff batters home.

And then the rest is pretty casual. We have a cleanup hitter at 4th and the rest of the batters afterwards. The most interesting part is mostly to see how Fungo, Flipperson and Mekajiki are used
Psanchez55

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:12 am
What do I like about the SBLM locker room? It is so quiet and relaxing.  No one ever makes any noise or bothers me. Sometimes, Reanna wonders if she has teammates.  Occasionally, she speaks up just to here the echo. Somehow, the team manages to win games. Its incredible.  The team of silent mice wins games. Viva Las Vegas. In all reality, the locker room is dangerously silent. If first gens are on the team, retention could be a problem. Talk is a good thing.

In Indianapolis, there is the friendly banter in the locker room. The competition between Beatrice Ajax and Nate Nitro is entertaining.  Besides, its amazing just being in the same room as the legend Tracy Prezzy Jr himself. Take me to your leader indeed. Really, Indianapolis is a great locker room. I can't wait to add more talent in season 2. Now let's just go and win a title.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum