Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020

+23
aCrypticPancake
Symmetrik
JorgTheGoat03
Jetsqb101
lovesmuffins
prezzys
Doomsday
Snussu
DollarAndADream
7thInningStretch
TTtheT
Snowball
Psanchez55
oilmandan
omgitshim
acydburn
AnthonyOuellet
zekethatbeast25
Big Mac
Cornholio
Pingu
CaptainHook
SecondBaseBabe
27 posters
Go down
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020 Empty Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020

Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:01 pm
Welcome to the SBLM everyone. This weeks themed task should you choose to accept it is to address the press as an official player. There will be no graphic alternative this week. Have fun responding to these questions and Claim your TPE. (There is no word limit but you must answer  12/13 questions.)

The Preseason

How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason?
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well?
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games?
How do you think  your team's preseason MVP is?

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits?
How do you feel about your team colors?
Do you participate in team cheers?
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason?

About You

Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?)
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off?
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate?
If there were sponsorships  do you think your player would get one?
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride?

Last edited by SecondBaseBabe on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
CaptainHook
CaptainHook

Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020

Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? We had a a strong draft and have built a good lockeroom.
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? Yes as we can go on TPE this early on.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? I don't know what I am looking at when viewing the box-scores so sadly I do not know.
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Same as last answer. I'll say Caramel Delight probably.

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? I like to hold my throwing hand under icewater for 3-5 minutes.
How do you feel about your team colors? I like them.
Do you participate in team cheers? Not so much. Meditate before games.
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? Excitement for the season to start.

About You

Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) Hook, for obvious reasons.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? Competitive attitude.
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? Awkward trips to the bathroom during a game.
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? I do hope so.
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? Captain Crunch cereal.
Pingu
Pingu

Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020 Empty Re: Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020

Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:18 pm
The Preseason
Indicative of our teams strength!

Yes! Absolutely

Better! I think my build is garbage atm lol

How do you think your team's preseason MVP is?
Ajax or Salomon maybe?

About Your Team
I always have shaved ice with a sardine before any game

I'm a black and white kind of penguin.

NOOT! NOOT!
Themed Task June 1st 2020- June 7th 2020 Giphy

Pretty hyfy!

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?)
Nope

Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off?
Ice cold, and chill!

My sardines.

Yes. Easily anything related to do with the cold. Ice cream, snow cones, ice cubes, uhh fish? canned tuna? Anything is possible!

Pingu Flipperson's Shrimp Ring Cocktails!
Cornholio
Cornholio

Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:14 pm
The Preseason
I think that Vegas did okay in the preseason. We definitely could have performed better, but I think it was all about us working out together, getting a feel for each other's play. Now that our updates are in, we should be much better.
Like I said, the preseason was pre-updates. Now that our updates are in, I think that Vegas' draft superiority will start to show and speak for itself.
I did nicely. The manager pulled the hook on me really quick as I was hoping to go five innings and qualify for the win. But it's all about the regular season now baby.
There's no single MVP. Everybody is a MVP by showing up and playing together as a Centurion. Rocky Mitchell looks dope though.

About Your Team
Pingu likes to make those funny penguin noises. I usually walk away from him and have already requested a locker relocation.
Nice. They're solid, aggressive colors. Just like us.
Clapping, yeah sure. Some high-fives now and then. But I don't try to get into that on the day before and during my start days. Got to take care of my hands and preserve my energy as much as possible.
We're pretty stoked. It's just the beginning of the surface of our eventual domination this season. I'm not sure why more people aren't picking us as champions this year. I know I did though.

About You
Nitro-Mania is a mentality that I enter on my starting days, so I basically black everybody out on those days. Not sure if they have an alternative name for me though.
Off the field, I'm mostly chill and I just do my thing. Support others as needed. But when I'm on the field -- I'm a silent warrior. Nobody gets through to me when I'm in the zone and I take care of business. Run up to the mound, do my thing, run off into the dugout before anybody else gets there.
I would never share my chicken wings after my starts. They're so doggone good and I need to refuel myself.
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one?
I would love to do sponsorships. But I don't know if anybody would want me though. There's so many other viable candidates in our locker room for those opportunities.
Maybe one of those energy drinks? Rockstar or Monster, you know? Or Red Bull... that's a good one.
Big Mac
Big Mac

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 pm
Welcome to the SBLM everyone. This weeks themed task should you choose to accept it is to address the press as an official player. There will be no graphic alternative this week. Have fun responding to these questions and Claim your TPE. (There is no word limit but you must answer 12/13 questions.)

The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? - I think we did kinda average tbh we definitely could’ve done better, but I’ve definitely haven’t helped with fucking 59 banked
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? - No especially since we’re going to be heavily developing as we move forward
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? - worse
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? - Coretti

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? - no but it’ll probably end up happening
How do you feel about your team colors? - I think you can never go wrong with black and red
Do you participate in team cheers? - as the gm I got to
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? - well I think we all know we can and will do better moving forward

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) - none so far
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? - based off of my game that’s how I’d probably act on the field where it then reflects off of it if that answers your question
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? - probably any type of charger cause those things break easily
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? - if I played like a baseball player yeah but as of now not really
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? - adidas
zekethatbeast25
zekethatbeast25

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 am
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? We did alright, I didn't do shit myself, but it showed us how good we can be in the near future.
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? No, not all teams were updated.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? Much worse than I thought I would.
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Sharkstrong for sure, really showed us who the team captain was!

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? Yea, SHark always has that nice Spanish Food from home, eats it 2 hours before the game starts!
How do you feel about your team colors? Red has always suited in me, calls for anger.
Do you participate in team cheers? Yea most of the time, you could say I am the team hype man.
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? It's basically just knowing we are better than this, and that we need to improve quickly.

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) It's Zeke, pretty much short for Ezekiel.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? IThey for sure know me like the trash talker of Sim Leagues haha.
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? I don't know, I don't really have any secrets.
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? Oh hell yes, Nike for sure!
AnthonyOuellet
AnthonyOuellet

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:38 am
The Preseason
We did very good, first place. I think we hit the ball very well. 

Well, pre-season doesn't matter that much in every sim leagues so. 

Big time, my guy isn't updated yet. 

Obia Smile Finished first in average, the better hitter of the team in the pre-season. 

About Your Team
Not that im aware of. 

I like it, not very « Vegas » colors, but I love the navy blue. 

I will, coming back from inactivity, got to make my place in this team. 

Very good actually, we performed well. 

About You

Not yet, I wish it was Mister Automatic. 

I'm not a fan of baseball trashtalking, all about efficiency and performances. 

Obvious question, a jackstrap. 

Not for now, but later in his career yeah. 

I like Wilson A2000 Wink 
acydburn

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:49 pm
The Preseason
Did okay, a little less than expected
Hope not
Not sure if I even played
Cid Ramirez

About Your Team
Pingu with his fish
Solid Colors
No
They were okay, was decent but not thrilled.

About You
Negative
Relaxed
Food
Probably not
Glove Company
omgitshim
omgitshim

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:27 pm
The Preseason
6-4 is alright but could have been better. I did pretty trash myself and we got shutout by a BOT team.

Given that some teams were updated and others were not, no. Even if they were, you can see some trends but usually Spring Training is where people are knocking off the rust more so than trying to win.

Worse, but again my team wasn't updated for it so it was expected.

Who do you think your team's preseason MVP is?
Burns had two scoreless starts and Prezzy was raking, so I'd give them both the joint honors.

About Your Team
What happens in the club house, stays in the club house.

Can't really go wrong with black and red.

Zeke's pretty good at leading the hype so I just let him do his thing.

For the most part I think we were all just ready to take on the regular season already.

About You

Not yet, though someone tried to call me Strike Zone the other day (ironically though because of all the walks)

I focus on the business at hand. If my opponents do not feel fear, then I need to work on my vibes.

There's a lot of things I wouldn't share with them.

Obviously yes.

Any brand with a sleek design.
oilmandan
oilmandan

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 pm
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? I think we did ok, not gonna focus on it too much, we were all getting used to each other and playing as a team. so of course we were rusty
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? Not at all. I doubt managers wanted to give away their entire strategy before the season
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? worse? I think we lost
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? I think Tracy Prezzy homered, so ill pick him

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? Ezekiel Bridges likes to eat 6 footlong hot dogs before every start. That's why he has so much gas behind that fastball
How do you feel about your team colors? Love em. Black and Red is dangerous and should make teams scared of us
Do you participate in team cheers? Not at all. Someone needs to listen
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? Very hopeful. We believe we will find ourselves as we go along

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) Beast. Cause I hit the ball a mile every time
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? I like to joke around with guys. Keep things loose, When I'm playing first Ill chat guys up
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? A jock strap for sure
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? Hell yes. Maybe to a type of bat that hits the ball into outer space
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? A cool bat company. Like Louisville
Psanchez55

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 pm
Not Great, it wasn't a good stretch of games.

Not particularly. Preseason teams are still figuring things out

About average.

Sora Mekajiki

About Your Team
Haven't noticed anything yet.

They're cool. Could be better. At least we aren't Salmon and Lavender

Sometimes

We're ready to win.

About You
Not yet. One will emerge im sure

I have fun on the field, but I'm not in your face. I'm used to dominating. Ive been here before

Food. It's mine

Of course. He's a star in the making, and he's ordinary looking.

Luzianne Tea
Snowball
Snowball

Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:51 am
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? I think we should be able to do better, but it's a good learning experience
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? It is more about the adaptability to switch the team into a new to be formed meta. Only then we can tell what will happen.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? Worse, I expected multiple homeruns a game for myself
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Reno <3

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? None of them eat carrots before the game, they are all weird
How do you feel about your team colors? Love them!
Do you participate in team cheers? No, I am not allowed near my teammates, they are afraid I will bite them
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? It is great experience and everyone is confident

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) Just Captain
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? They are all scared off me
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? A carrot
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? Ofcourse, who wouldnt want me in their ads
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? Vegetables!
TTtheT

Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:18 am
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? We did pretty well and we'll only get better.
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? Nah, not really.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? I didn't know what to expect but I think we did well.
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Dale Cooooooooooooper!

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? Coach Spartan makes a sacrifice to the pioneer gods.
How do you feel about your team colors? Yellow and black is great.
Do you participate in team cheers? Sure why not.
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? Optimistic and excited.

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) They could call me... The Bikini Bottom Bomber.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? A fun and chill vibe.
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? Krabby Patties
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? Sure, why not.
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? Krusty Krab sponsorship Very Happy Very Happy
7thInningStretch

Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:25 pm
"I feel, hm... quite well about the preseason. We have not played to our goals in the true season so far, but that is OK. We have many games to fix our mistakes, especially mine."

"Too few games to know. One bad game in the preseason makes one player look very bad. Even post-season series are longer than the pre-season, so I am not worried."

"I think I did exactly as I thought I would. Pues... no creo que... I do not believe my performance this season represents my true skill."

"Maybe it is Rocky the Mitchell. He hit better than any of my friends back home in the preseason and sent in nine runs. He had an OPS above one, which would be a nightmare for the pitcher friends back home."

"Sometimes I wonder if I am the one that is odd. The conejito (little rabbit) in the outfield will eat the carrots before the game. I think maybe it is to make his vision better."

"I quite like them. Blue and metal are strong colors. Some may call gray a bit dull but the idea of the team is quite nice."

"Of course! How else am I supposed to be a part of the team? The game puts me on a little hill in the center of the diamond, I must do team cheers. The mound is a lonely little island."

"It was quite nice! We were in the driver's seat, as Americans say."

"I am quite young, so it is hard to say what my attitude is on the field. I hope I do not come off as disrespectful, and I think I keep my computer... erm... composure well."

"Blankets. Beds are so nice in the United States. Back in Colombia, everyone would steal the blankets over to their side of the bed and it made me cold."

"I do not know. Many people think teenagers are very unpredictable and inmad... hrm... immature in their brains. It would be very risky to sponsor a young player like me."

"I would be happy to 'rep' many different kinds of brands. Many sports brands like Nike, Rawlings, and Adidas are good picks. But I think I would like to support an education company if anything. I still get schooling with the Las Vegas staff and faculty because I am too young to not be in the classroom. Some in the United States and especially Colombia do not get a good education. We should change that."
DollarAndADream

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:15 am
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? Sherbrooke wasn't amazing, but I don't think it will reflect the season. Growing pains.
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? It's hard to tell. Everyone was basically base stats + first updates for the preseason. The season will ultimately show success from players that are actively updating throughout it.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? I had zero expectations, honestly. I did alright.
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Honestly, I don't think I could pick one. Nobody really blew our team away individually.

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? J. Cole likes to eat a chicken parmesan before each game. He got the habit from watching the SHL Calgary Dragons.
How do you feel about your team colors? I love them. All the teams are set apart actually with their own little themes.
Do you participate in team cheers? Chewing gum.
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? Everyone was ready to work hard in the gym and on the field to prepare for opening day.

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) J. Simply because the name starts with a J, of course.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? I'd say my teammates know that I'm always available to help and motivate when I can.
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? My baseball glove. When my pitching game is on, that thing holds value. It's all in the glove.
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? I believe so. He'd probably sign with Dreamville just based on his shared name with the rapper.
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? Dreamville Records!
Snussu

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 pm
The Preseason
1. I think our preseason was underwhelming. Team definitely under performed.
2. Not at all. We are a lot better then Preseason shows
3. Definitely worst. I expected more
4. Hmm. Sora Mekaiji or Kurtis McKenzie. Those guys went off

About Your Team
5. Yeah. This guy Pedro Velasquez does some weird shit in the Bathroom before his starts. No one knows what
6. Oh I like them. They are unique
7. Of course. Who doesn't?
8. Bit down. Everyone was expecting more, but we couldn't deliver

About You
9. I don't have a nickname, but I'm sure one is to come.
10. I'm very competitive. I talk trash to opponents when they are batting and when I'm batting. But its all in good fun
11. I'm pretty open with my teammates. I dont think theres anything they dont know
12. I would think. I'm one of the best catcher in the league, Unique with personality and all around a great guy
13. Hmm. I'm a big Nike and Reebok fan. I also love Nokona gloves. Been wearing those since I got my hands on one in 6th Grade
Doomsday
Doomsday

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:52 pm
The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? - I mean, we could have won more games, but it's the preseason. We were more concerned about seeing where we stack up, what we're good at and where we need to improve. We got what we needed from those games.
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? - Not necessarily, as a lot of things change from the preseason to the playoffs. The biggest difference-maker might not even be on a team right now. We'll see who is all hype and who is for real in due time.
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? - I really thought that I would be hitting better, but the preseason showed me that I've got work to do if I want to truly be the player I know I can be. Being the only player that Mo Hawk gave the green light to steal bases to was a big deal to me as well.
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? - McKenzie showed off his power, but we need to make sure we're on base for him when the games start to count.

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? - Someone set up a shrine to Jobu, I say someone because no one will admit to doing it. But before every game, he always winds up with cigars and rum.
How do you feel about your team colors? - Blue is my favorite color, so I dig it.
Do you participate in team cheers? - The Tomahawk Chop is iconic, one of the most fearsome chants in all of sports. We're blessed to have a fanbase that supports us with it.
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? - We're pumped! The clubhouse is gelling well and we can't wait to get the season started!

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) - Closest thing I would have to one is my last name. Guess if I want anything fancier I'll need to earn one!
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? - I'd say I'm more intense on the field for sure, much more lax and easygoing off of it. I'd totally get if opponents get an entirely different vibe than my teammates do.
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? - Don't let someone take possession of your bats, because you never know what they might do to it.
If there were sponsorships, do you think your player would get one? - Does it make me a better player? I'm more interested in winning games, but apparently that could bring about sponsorships. Guess we'll have to see about that.
What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? - Anyone who would make Sherbrooke Mohawks gear, I'd rep it in a heartbeat.
prezzys
prezzys

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:47 pm
The Preseason

1. I think we did alright. Maybe not as well as expected.
2. Not necessarily. It did show what a couple of the teams would be capable of but not all.
3. I’d say worse than expected for sure.
4. I think that we’ve got a few guys that could be up there for that but I’ll go with Delgado.

About Your Team

1. Zeke likes to eat toothpaste before the games from time to time.
2. I love them. Can never go wrong with red, black and grey.
3. No
4. It’s great. We all know that we’ve gotta keep working to get to where we want.

About You

1. No I don’t. Maybe one will come along at some point.
2. For sure. I mean, when it comes to my teammates at least. I’m never really looking to pick a fight with the opposition but they are the enemy.
3. My compressions.
4. For sure. I think that I’d be a great guy for just about any brand.
5. Nike for sure. They’ve been one of my favorites ever since I was a kid and they’ve got the kind of reputation that I’d love to be associated with.
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:13 pm
Jetsqb101

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:06 pm
The Preseason

We did well, definitely came into the regular season ready

I think it showed us what we need to accomplish, and we got the rust shake off early

Worse in results, but it's just preseason

Caleb Marko

About Your Team

Flynn Fungo goes to check his batting average, and then throws the rack of bats over

They're sweet, our logo is great

I get cheered at, it'd be weird if I was also chanting for our players

Good vibes, we're ready to tear this league apart

About You

I'm 'The Captain', based on my team captain like qualities

On the field I'm a bit more vocal and animated, but it's still nothing compared to the other guys

My locker, that thing's sacred. Also, my cup.

Wait there aren't any sponsorships?! Where's my agent!

Wilson gloves, I want to be the face of defense
JorgTheGoat03

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:46 pm
The Preseason
I feel we underperformed, but we should be able to vastly improve from our performance.
It can. However, I believe that some teams, the Mohawks for instance, didn't perform nearly as well as they could and will improve in all areas.
I feel I played about what I expected in the preseason. I could've played better, but I still played decent.
My guess would be either Mekajiki or McKenzie. Both played really well and hopefully they can keep it up.

About Your Team
I've got a ritual for both when I start and when I don't start. When I start, I get to the stadium 12 hours before the game. When I don't start, I wake up 20 minutes before the start of the game and arrive at the stadium 5 minutes before the game.
They're amazing! I would say that they're easily one of the best in the league.
Absolutely! I've gotta hype up my teammates while they're playing.
We've got a ton of talent, and we should be playing better. So we're a bit disappointed, but we know that we'll improve and reach our potential.

About You
I don't have a nickname at the moment, but I do wish to have one. Hopefully, I might be able to get one at some point throughout this season, and if not this season than at some point throughout my career.
Yes, I would say that my attitude is the same on and off the field. My guess is that my teammates would say that I give off "Hype-Man" vibes.
I can simplify it to 2 things: my glove or a bed.
I would hope so. I think I'm a really good pitcher, but I don't know if I would be considered 1 of the top 4-8 pitchers in the league.
I feel that I could represent a company that makes gloves very well. Additionally, I feel that I could represent a brand of mattresses, due to my pregame ritual for when I don't start.
Symmetrik
Symmetrik

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:33 pm
The Preseason
I think we played pretty well. Vegas showed a lot of positive signs for the start of the season.

I can only hope so, given how we performed, haha.

It's always tough to know what to expect, first season in a league, first games. Between adjusting and shaking off the rust, expectations are always just to prepare yourself. I was pretty happy with my stats.

That's so tough. Our guys were on fire in preseason, LeChef, Mitchell, Wang, Ramirez, Nitro. So many guys firing to get things going.

About Your Team
Not seen anything too weird yet. Maybe they're just waiting to break them out once we all know each other better, haha.

They're pretty sweet. It's a great shade of blue.

Pretty good. We had some good success, and a lot of good performances, so spirits are pretty high for the season.

About You
Not at the moment, but I have a feeling I'll get one once there's a catalyst for it. We're all still pretty new to being a team so it's taking some pushes for stuff like that to develop.

I like to think so, and I hope my teammates consider my vibe good.

I mean there's lots of stuff that I wouldn't share with teammates... kind of a weird question, not gonna lie.

I hope that my play and my attitude would be enough to warrant a sponsorship.

There's a bunch of different brands I think I would be happy to be an ambassador for. As long as the products are good and they do good things, I'll rep them.
aCrypticPancake
aCrypticPancake

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:30 pm
The Preseason
We did ok. There is definitely room for improvement.
No. It never does in any sport.
I did about how I expected I would.
Tough call. I really don't think I could narrow it down.

About Your Team
Lucas Peterson always stuffs 5 muffins into his mouth before a game. A little odd in my opinion but to each their own.
Not a huge fan of orange but other than that they are not bad. Also the orange is only an outline so I can live with it.
No.
Hopeful. We didn't perform great, however we believe we can greatly improve in the coming weeks.

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you?
They call me the Mountain. I am 6'8. I've had similar nicknames most my life.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field?
No. I am two different people. Off the court I am pretty calm and level headed. But on the field, my temper often gets the better of me.
What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off?
Intimidating. I tower over them.
My social security number.
As of right now... probably not. I've been doing nothing but striking out.
Jordan Brand. I played both Basketball and Baseball growing up.
Uphillmoss

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:33 pm
Cubzlover84

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am
PRESS CONFERENCE- Austin Schwartz

The Preseason
How do you feel about how your team did in the preseason? I think we did fairly well, but all I care about is that we were healthy and getting in shape
Do you think that the preseason acutely shows what teams are going to do well? As someone who looks into the stats, no
Did you do better or worse than you expected in the preseason games? I think I did fairly well in the preseason, one thing I liked was my ability to limit walks which is important as a power pitcher
How do you think your team's preseason MVP is? Going against what I said earlier, but Ocean Man had a monster spring with 4 HR so I'll go with him

About Your Team
Does anyone on your team have any odd pregame rituals or habits? Caramel Delight, of course, has to eat as many of his namesake candies in the last 5 minutes before gametime. He's thrown up twice already so I'm not sure it's working.
How do you feel about your team colors? Could be brighter, but I think they capture the spirit of the pioneer quite well
Do you participate in team cheers? Of course! My favorite is the one where we run a sprint due west no matter how the field is located
What is the mood in the LR after the Preseason? Optimistic

About You
Do you have a Nickname that your teammates call you? ( How did you get it, if not do you wish you had one?) I'm usually just called lefty, but I think a name like SchWar Machine or something would be cool.
Is your attitude the same on and off the field? What kind of vibe would your opponents say you give off? I like to think I'm a pretty chill guy on the days I'm not pitching, but I can get pissed if I give up too many walks
What is the one thing you would never share with a teammate? I'm sure at least one teammate is listening so I'm not gonna answer this one.
If there were sponsorships do you think your player would get one? [b] No because I'm more of a quiet type

What type of company or brand do you think you could rep with pride? There's gotta be a company called pioneer something, right?

That's all, thanks for tuning in.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum