Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League Empty Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:57 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Their GM player was the best player in the league

Tracy Prezzy Jr. @prezzys has laid out the plan for what all first basemen in the league should be aiming for, which is elite power and great contact. He was the most dangerous hitter in the league this season by a lot, and Indianapolis getting him for free is a big deal.

An elite middle infield

Delvin Rooks @AW13 had a huge season for the Invaders with the 3rd most runs in the league and a +14.1 ZR, but a big reason for Indianapolis too be excited for the future is that Sphyrna Lewin @Troutstrong has not really broken out yet. I like Lewin a lot, enough that I took him #1 overall in a mock SBL draft last offseason, and some of the players that were picked ahead of him in the real draft are head scratchers. Lewin was already an elite defensive SS this season, and I believe that he will soon work on bringing his batting skills up to par. When this player is a league average hitter, his value will absolutely sky rocket

A strong rotation, for cheap

The Invaders got Nate Nitro @Cornholio in the 4th round, and then were meant to get Austin Schwartz in the 5th but were fortunate that Charlotte was willing to trade them Beatrix Ajax @I Hit Balls Gooder for Schwartz straight up since Ajax was unhappy to end up on Charlotte. This was a strong net positive deal for Indianapolis, as Ajax is up to 375 tpe while Schwartz has been mostly inactive in the SBL.

Protection for Prezzy

Prezzy isn't the only player on this team that was built to hit. Kurtis McKenzie @PSanchez55 had a huge season himself by getting on base constantly, and he did this while being a net positive in the outfield as well. On rare days when Prezzy doesn't punish a team, McKenzie is there to carry the offensive load for the Invaders

Room for growth

Perhaps the scariest thing about Indianapolis is that this team still has a lot of room for growth right now. Key positions like C and CF can still be filled in the S2 draft, and there is still room in their rotation to add more arms. It seems to me like the league will be trying to catch up to Indianapolis for a while

Troutstrong, JorgTheGoat03, McWolf, prezzys, I Hit Balls Gooder and Cornholio like this post

prezzys
prezzys

Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League Empty Re: Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am
I love it man, great work as always! I appreciate all of the kind words Smile
Troutstrong

Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League Empty Re: Analyzing What Made Indianapolis the Best Team in the League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:58 am
Indy Dynasty S1-S4 calling it now

prezzys and I Hit Balls Gooder like this post

I Hit Balls Gooder
I Hit Balls Gooder

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:24 pm
The work put in here was amazing. Ready for a repeat!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum