Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 6/7

+28
AW13
Berocka
Goliathus
Uphillmoss
Doomsday
SecondBaseBabe
CaptainHook
Symmetrik
prezzys
Caboose
7thInningStretch
TTtheT
Jetsqb101
acydburn
JorgTheGoat03
zekethatbeast25
Cornholio
Snowball
Daddy
Psanchez55
GustavMattias
oilmandan
Pingu
lovesmuffins
StackTheRacks12
omgitshim
DollarAndADream
McWolf
32 posters
Go down
Uphillmoss

Road to Opening Day 6/7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 6/7

Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 am
Goliathus

Sat May 30, 2020 6:59 am
I feel like we should reward the active community members who contribute the most this season outside the sim. Maybe name them the "Fathers of SBL" and have them photoshopped into the Mount Rushmore or some shit like that. I think it's important to reward the hardworkers on a startup league, as a league like this will not sustain itself without hardworkers who do work to maintain the league early on.
Berocka
https://howzatsim.com/

Sat May 30, 2020 10:19 am
The Nothing to see here Trophy this should be awarded to the pitcher who walks the most amount of batters in a season. This should not be renamed and should kept as a joke trophy throughout the life of the sim league!
AW13
AW13
Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 10:25 am
I think it has been said multiple times but I would love custom award names here based on SBL legends, or even SBLM legends rather than just the generic ones that are currently in the game. I love the idea of the MVP trophy being named after the first true legend or the pitcher of the year award to be named after the most dominant pitcher we had, similar to how the Cy Young award is done today. It is something we will get to with time and I am excited because that means we are still kicking years from now.
Lefty
Lefty

Sat May 30, 2020 5:10 pm
I think that the trophies should eventually be named after star players / general managers. As the league develops, I think that it will do for now to have generic names for the awards and trophies, but they should eventually be renamed to honor star players and general managers.
Troutstrong

Sat May 30, 2020 7:03 pm
I've always liked the idea of naming awards of retired league stars, and in my opinion we should wait until then, but just to say something I guess I could propose would be naming the Community Service Award after Babe Ruth. I know he is considered the best player, but this would mean something like "even with everything he did on the field, all the homerunes and scores and all that, the most important thing he did was this. He helped others, he cared, he respected, he was nice to the kids, he... that stuff is more important. He could name the Most Valuable Player Trophy, but instead, he is going to name the Most Valuable Person trophy".
wospy
wospy

Sat May 30, 2020 11:37 pm
I would like to implement the Calculon award for S0, but definitely at least for S1. The Calculon award, named after famed robot actor Calculon, would be awarded to the best bot in the league. Bigs, minors, doesn't matter. This bot can play a field position, or he, she, or it can pitch, and the eligibility for the Calculon award does not change. Do you think you have the best bot in the league? Send in an application for the Calculon award today!
Big Mac
Big Mac

Sat May 30, 2020 11:57 pm
Call me a broken record, but I agree with everyone on blank awards and/or MLB placeholders. I think after 10 seasons we can name them after who won the most or if it’s a tie name it after who did it best.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum