Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Psanchez55

SBLM Fantasy: Who to Draft Empty SBLM Fantasy: Who to Draft

Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
SBLM Fantasy: Who to Draft Mlb-draft
Fantasy baseball--while normally an activity that requires quality drafting or expert salary cap management, is different in the SBL this season. Every player costs only $1. You can build whatever team you want-- within the games rules that is. Going into the first SBLM season with everyone on nearly the same footing, who should you choose? Let’s find out.

Catcher: Ryoma Fukushima
Squatting half of every game seems to have a negative impact on offensive performance.There are outliers, but catcher is not a position you expect to bring home  batting titles and MVPs. Question is, which of the 4 possible SBLM catchers do you want on your fantasy team? Give Fukushima a shot. He possesses the most power of the 4 and will look to draw a ton of walks. He currently seems to be an all or nothing type player but could improve on his contact as the season progresses. Fukushima will produce, that is why he’s my pick for top fantasy catcher.
2nd Choice: Wayne Taylor

First Base: Tracy Prezzy Jr

First Base is where the big bats play. In the SBLM 3 stand above the rest in terms of skill. Tracy Prezzy Jr, Rocky Mitchell, and Carlos Delagado. Only 1 can be your fantasy first baseman. With an impressive combination of power and contact, Tracy Prezzy Jr will rack up stats for your fantasy team.

Second Base: Bobby Boucher/ Devin Rooks
At second base you have 2 excellent options. Bobby Boucher is expected to be one of the best power hitters in the league.The young right hander kills same handed pitching, and will put up tremendous stats in s0. However Devin Rooks is no slouch either. The 4th overall selection is a solid all around player who adds a new dimension to your fantasy offense-- speed. It’s up to you to decide if Rook’s advantage on the basepaths is enough to take him to Boucher’s level of offensive prowess.

Shortstop: Lucas Peterson
Shortstop is easily the most important defensive position. And, while guys like Francisco Lindor, Carlos Correa, and Corey Seager are among the best hitters in the MLB, none of the SBLM starting shortstops are that great at the plate. Lucas Peterson can pat himself on the back for the impressive accomplishment of starting the season off as the best hitting shortstop in the league. I expect he will retain that title throughout the season.

Third Base: Carlos Delgado
In my opinion, the choice of your fantasy third basemen comes down to two guys: Golden Goliath and Carlos Delgado. If you are thinking to yourself, “Hey, neither of those guys are third basemen.” you would be correct. I expect Delgado to shift to 3B because of TPJr, and Goliath to be bumped to third by Boucher. No disrespect to Goliath, who I expect to have an outstanding season,but Delgado is my choice.  

Left Field: Kurtis McKenzie
Call it a homer pick if you want, but Kurtis McKenzie is the most offensively talented left fielder in the league and I don’t think is particularly close. That’s about it for this pick.
-Check out Flynn Fuego for steals and average.

Center Fielder: Dale Cooper or Sora Mekajiki
Centerfield is another position where defense is what matters most. Still, you have a pair of good options when picking your fantasy CF. Cooper and Mekajiki both project as strong contact hitters who will get themselves on first base consistently. Mekajiki is the better hitter at this point, but Cooper’s speed makes up for the difference. Really it’s a coinflip at this point, but personally, I’ll take Mekajiki.

Right Field: Caleb Marko or Captain Snowball.
Like centerfield, right field comes down to 2 guys. Marko and Snowball are eerily similar batters. They draw walks, limit Ks, hit for power and contact, and they do it versus righties and lefties. If CF was a coin flip, right field is definitely a coin flip. This race could not be closer.

Designated Hitter: Rocky Mitchell
Yes. There were 3 elite batters at the offensive friendly position of first base. They all fit on the fantasy team. Mitchell is an easy choice to round out our fantasy offense.

Pitchers: Maybe Later...
AW13
AW13
Admin

SBLM Fantasy: Who to Draft Empty Re: SBLM Fantasy: Who to Draft

Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 am
Love this! Definitely tough to tell who at this point will be the premier options but this is great insight!
prezzys
prezzys

Fri May 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Nice article man!
omgitshim
omgitshim

Fri May 29, 2020 8:39 pm
Great read. For the record: Prezzy Jr. will be moving to 3B while Delgado is staying at 1B. I want to see your pitchers breakdown though 👀
Psanchez55

Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 pm
omgitshim wrote:Great read. For the record: Prezzy Jr. will be moving to 3B while Delgado is staying at 1B. I want to see your pitchers breakdown though 👀

I have no idea. But to perpetuate the idea I know what I'm talking about, maybe I'll put something together and drop it Sunday evening.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum