Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Playmaker
Playmaker

Playmaker's Brand Empty Playmaker's Brand

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 pm
IG Live Q&A with Kobe Honda

-"How are you preparing for Year 2 coming off Sherbrooke's title run?"

-"I'm a creature of habit so I've mostly stuck to the same routine I've been using for years. It's what I'm accustomed to and what I grew up doing and I don't have a reason to change that now. Sherbrooke's coaching staff did such a great job making sure everybody was ready to go each and every day and I've taken a lot of their principles with me this offseason.

-"Speaking of Sherbrooke - how would you feel to go to another team this offseason?"

-"When I signed my letter, I did it with the understanding that I might not end up here the following season. I knew that if the team and I did what we were supposed to do, there was a really good chance I wouldn't be playing here in S2. I knew the team would be good, and I knew if I performed at the level I'm capable of that I'd be fairly high up on a lot of team's draft boards. It's the rules, there's nothing we can really do about it. If I end up back with the Mohawks I'd be stoked, but it might not be in the cards.

-"What do you hope to gain out of your second season in the minors?"

-"Another title would be nice. Just have to keep grinding, get better everyday and hope the major league teams recognize the type of player they could be drafting. I know what I can do, and I've shown I can be a threat at the dish and with my glove. Just a matter of time until everybody else starts realizing."
Playmaker
Playmaker

Playmaker's Brand Empty Re: Playmaker's Brand

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 pm
Since everybody's been asking about it, I figured I might as well make a post about the upcoming draft. As many of you already know, I was a member of the title-winning Sherbrooke Mohawks this season. We fought hard all year long and were crowned the deserving champ by season's end. I appreciate everybody who contributed to that team - both the players and the coaches - and cherish spending my last year there. In the coming days, the SBLM will hold their annual draft, and I'm eligible to be drafted to any of the minor league teams. Snussu gave me my first chance to be on an SBLM field, and I would love nothing more than to go back to Sherbrooke and help defend a title. But this is a business, and I know that everything can change in an instant. To whatever team ends up drafting me, know that you'll be getting a player who can help your team all over the field. I can do everything there is to do on a baseball field, and am working tirelessly to become a 5-tool player. Nobody's perfect - or else we would be in the majors - but I have skills that translate at the plate and in the field, and I know I'm capable of playing at a level comparable to the game's best. I may have already played my last game in a Mohawk uniform, but I'm not even close to being done as a player.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum