Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

[Suggestion] Make Player Brands Worth 3 TPE Empty [Suggestion] Make Player Brands Worth 3 TPE

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:11 pm
As it stands right now, sim attendance is probably the easiest way to get your last 3 capped in each week. That's cool; nothing wrong with that. Keeps people coming in and checking out what's going on (and on a frequent basis, no less) and it's super easy and super open-ended. Nothing quite like it, and it's no surprise to see that a good amount of claims are for sim attendance. Next in line are themed tasks, certainly a bit more thinking and a bit more writing than checking sims but also certainly the easiest way to get your last 3 TPE wiped out in one shot. Come in and respond in your own words to a question about what's going on in the league. Step three: profit. And then there are player brands.

There is not a single reason to do a player brand.

You could say it's more open-ended than a themed task, which is correct. You're allowed to act more creatively with a player brand. The topic of your work isn't pre-defined--even though it's technically supposed to be about your player, you can do anything you want with it. You can write short articles on anything league-related, you can throw a sig at someone every week (ahem), you can do anything. And that's the wonderful part about it (I was way less motivated to do player brands a while ago in the EFL, and the fact that I didn't know it didn't have to be about your player was at least part of that). So, I guess I take that statement back, and I'll replace it with this one.

There is not a single reason to do a player brand, objectively speaking, in terms of TPE.

Player brands are arguably the most work out of everything outside of the realm of 8-point tasks like this one. The word count is often higher (Case in point: this week's themed task is 150 words while player brands are 200) and the topic has to come from the writer rather than just the person opening the thread. In my case, in the EFL, I spend way more work on player brands than I need to, as I usually try to make a legitimate sig for someone rather than just a low-effort graphic or 200 words of nonsense. This has even been the case in SBL a few times--I don't like the work, but I enjoy making sigs.

It's somewhat discouraging to me that a task which is at least as much work as, and arguably more work than, a different task is worth less TPE than said other task. I want to do player brands. I also want to knock out my last 3 capped each week on one task, rather than get 2 and wait for a sim thread to pop up or try to dig through the live sim page which I don't fully understand yet. I'm doing the themed task this week rather than a player brand because I've been slightly out of touch here lately and I don't even know if there's sim attendance to claim. Maybe player brands were made 2 TPE to encourage people to look at the sims and do sim attendance, but the reality, in my experience, is that it just discourages player brands in favor of a themed task or sim attendance all the way.

570 words; time to go do my themed task Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum