Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

S1 - GM Hiring  Empty S1 - GM Hiring

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Hiring S1 GM

I thought I would open up a new post instead of bumping the old one. If you would be interested in GMing a team post in this thread.

I'll also include my interview questions on on this post and if you are applying you can send these to me on discord, Thank you all for your interest.

1. Why do you think you would make a good GM?
  2. Do You have experience GMing?
  3. What is most important for a GM to accomplish, winning or making players happy?
  4. Would you rather GM in the Pros or The Minors?
  5. What is the thing that makes you different from the other people who might apply?
  6. What would improve about SBL if you could?
lovesmuffins
lovesmuffins

S1 - GM Hiring  Empty Re: S1 - GM Hiring

Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Why do you think you would make a good GM?
I would like to GM to help jumpstart this league. The league will require active and dedicated gm's and that is something I can assure you I will do. I'm active, I'm hardworking, and I'm rather smart at figuring things out quickly which you may need as a GM in a league that is on the up and up.
Do You have experience GMing?
I temporarily GM'd in sbdl for Danger while he was away for a season. I know sid thinks I bring this up a lot but that in no way makes it untrue. I'm just very proud of it!
What is most important for a GM to accomplish, winning or making players happy?
For me it is winning as winning results in players being happy. I don't see how you can make a player extremely happy if you're constantly losing. I'd rather have the loss of one player's happiness in return for a bunch of player's happiness (in a case of a trade). I will always respect my players and won't treat them as a cog in a machine but at the same time it is unrealistic for me to appease to my players firstmost as a GM.
Would you rather GM in the Pros or The Minors?
The pros. I am pretty bad at recruiting and feel a lot more comfortable and better as a drafter and somebody who trades.
What is the thing that makes you different from the other people who might apply?
Creativity. I think outside the box, in and out of the game.
What would improve about SBL if you could?
So far, this is a wonderfully ran sim league. I plan on forming my own and are in the process of doing so. One thing I wanted to make sure to tackle when creating my own was accessibility and easily understandable guidelines. There has been some cases in other leagues where certain things aren't easily accessible or the guidelines can be misinterpreted. There has been a few mistakes I've seen so far in this league that could be fixed to improve this.  
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum