Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kelsier

Coming Back to Baseball Empty Coming Back to Baseball

Sat May 30, 2020 5:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
"It's been a while...but I'm ready to play. Coming to training and swinging the bat, seeing everyone, watching the pitchers pitch, and getting some coaching...It's refreshing, after so long waiting for it all to start. I'm excited to be here in Chicago, and I'm excited for what this league can become"

Maybe this will be our final article on local baseball phenom Ashweather Cett, here in Greenville, NC, but we know he's going to have fans following his career in the newly started SBL with great interest. The Left Fielder was drafted in the 9th round by the Chicago Storm, and was fairly quiet over the entire offseason leading up to the draft. We caught up with him recently to find out about what he's been up to!

"You guys are a delight. I'm gonna miss carolina, for sure. Look, man, I showed up and put my hat in here to join this league. I knew I had the talent and passion to play in this league, and it's been an exciting concept to come out and be a debut outfielder in a start-up league. Who wouldn't want to be the first one around, you know? But well...man, I don't want to get into the specifics and behind-the-scenes, because I know the media's been covering it and clamouring for some professional level baseball, but...I kind of decided to take a vacation. I had a job, while I was in college, to help pay bills and stuff, and well...I saved up, and I went out and took a cruise. And I really kind of...shit, I'll be honest. I wasn't sure this league would ever really start. When I came around and submitted myself to the draft, my agent told me it was no guarantee, and everything's a gamble. And as time went on, I realized that...well, maybe baseball might not happen. I love the game, and I love the interactions with the commissioner and GMs that I've had. But I walked away thinking I wasn't going to be able to play. I stopped working out, I took up a new job, and I moved up to Virginia to start my 'adult' career.

But then, you know, Mac called me up on draft day, and told me. He said, "Hey Ashweather, are you still interested in playing baseball?" And of course I jumped. My girlfriend thought I was crazy, but I jumped up and said hell yea...maybe not hell, but you know. And he said "Good, I need you to book a flight out to Chicago tomorrow morning first thing.
I'm taking you in the draft right now, and you're going to be a steal."

So here I am, 8 hours later, flying out to Chicago to do paperwork and get a physical and everything, and...I'm still in awe man. It's all settled, of course, but man...I missed the game. I'm excited to get on the field and really get back into it. I'm going to do my best to help the Storm be a top team, and I'm going to do my absolute best to start this team on the path of a dynasty before I go up to the SBL.

We've got a good squad too. I like Ezekiel a lot, he's a great worker, and solid pitcher. Hard to hit the balls that kid throws, man. Real tough. And Mac is a great guy. The team is very welcoming, and were very excited to have me come in, no matter how late I was. Or...well, how fat I was too. I've had to hit the gym A LOT to get back into shape. I've cut 30 pounds, so I'm close to my entry weight! And I've found my swing, with some help of the coaching staff. It's time to put it all together and play some good, solid team ball.
We've got to rely on each other this season, because nothing in this world is guaranteed. But I think, now that games are here...I think this league is here to stay, and it's going to take this world by absolute storm.
zekethatbeast25
zekethatbeast25

Coming Back to Baseball Empty Re: Coming Back to Baseball

Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm
yas chicago!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum