Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
7thInningStretch

Cid Ramirez/Sure Thing Player Brand Empty Cid Ramirez/Sure Thing Player Brand

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:51 pm
Sure Thing Chooses to Stay Down
Pittsburgh, PA - Although one player from the Stretch agency was immediately deemed skilled enough to go up to the majors, Pittsburgh’s Sure Thing has elected to declare for the Season 3 Draft instead of flying through the SBLM.

“Ultimately there are some skills I definitely want to work on, and I think that means another year with the Pioneers – which I’m pretty happy about. Oftentimes the SBL can be a little unpredictable, and although I had a good year in the minors, I think some more time will give me perspective on the draft.”

Thing was relatively far from ‘star’ status this season, placing top five only in at-bats while batting .288. He started off strong, with a .333 average in April but declining gradually as low as .241 later in the season – but it’s unclear as to exactly what caused his difficulties as the season went on. Similarly, his slugging percentage dropped off the map as low as .310 after starting off roughly 100 points better at the start of the season.

“It’s been frustrating, as I’m batting on the lower end of my career average. As I learn the ropes, I can definitely be more of a fixture for my team in the batting order – next season will be better. You can be sure of that!”
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum