Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Goliathus

Goli's Personal All-Star Picks Empty Goli's Personal All-Star Picks

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Let's be honest here, with only four teams to make two All-Star teams, there are going to be a lot of mediocre players on the list, so I say screw all of that and I am making my own All-Star team, and just one team. No popularity bias to save those horrible players now, just sheer stats and greatness.

Pitchers
TOR SP Cid Ramirez #31
7-3, 2.34 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, .302 BABIP, 99 K, 1.3 WAR
IND SP Beatrix Ajax #25
7-3, 2.90 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, .316 BABIP, 84 K, 2.2 WAR
DAL SP Mario Mcrlwain #9
4-6, 3.90 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, .324 BABIP, 86 K, 1.8 WAR
CHA SP Durbin Andersen #55
4-5, 2.93 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .303 BABIP, 94 K, 1.7 WAR
TOR RP Connor Fleece #62
1-0, 0.87 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, .333 BABIP, 18 K, 0.6 WAR
TOR RP John Smith #45
1-1, 0.84 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, .224 BABIP, 24 K, 0.3 WAR
CHA RP Max Cheese #21
4-0, 0.96 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .274 BABIP, 28 K, 1.0 WAR
DAL RP Mike Soraka #7
0-1, 0.89 ERA, 0.76 WHIP, .237 BABIP, 30 K, 0.5 WAR
IND CL Serika Saturn #13
2-3, 2.45 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, .293 BABIP, 44 K, 21 SV, 1.3 WAR
Note: Orders are random, and without any purpose, so being put as the first RP doesn't mean you are the best RP in my eyes

Looking at the pitcher's list, you will see a distinctively lack of Charlotte Cardinals on the list. It is no secret by now that they have the worst pitching squad of all four teams this season, ranking 4th in a vast majority of the stat categories besides BB and K. I cannot explain K, but I can explain BB: If they can hit the ball off you easily, why would they take a walk?

Granted, one does make it in, SP Durbin Andersen had a decent 2.93 ERA in this batter's heaven, which is respectable and he held his ground against all the power in this league by giving up only 8 homers so far. RP Botty McBotface also has an elite 1.17 ERA among relievers but it's hard for me to put him over the arguably better relievers elsewhere.

There are a lot of great starting pitchers(and some horrible ones) in this league so far, so I try to focus those on those with a brighter futures first but, some of them are just bad this year, so much so that I have to put a sophomore into it. For closer, Serika Saturn is the clear pick as no others had handle the pressure of closing the gate as good as him. Other closers might as well not be closers because they are not closing at all with starter tier ERA like 4+, like that's opening the gate. This league certainly has slots for elite <1 ERA closers if anyone wants to be take on that high pressure task.

Batters
IND C Ravenna Rivera #88
.236/.282/.476, 33 RBI, 29 R, 16 HR, 2.0 WAR
IND 1B Tracy Prezzy Jr. #5
.339/.369/.640, 61 RBI, 43 R, 22 HR, 1 SB, 3.9 WAR
DAL 1B Carlos Delgado #25
.312/.372/.492, 21 RBI, 41 R, 12 HR, 14 SB, 3.1 WAR
IND 2B Delvin Rooks #30
.250/.313/.365, 20 RBI, 34 R, 6 HR, 24 SB, 2.6 WAR
CHA SS Lucas Peterson #10
.302/.347/.437, 22 RBI, 36 R, 4 HR, 16 SB, 1.9 WAR
IND LF Kurtis McKenzie #23
.303/.354/.423, 23 RBI, 35 R, 7 HR, 2.2 WAR
TOR LF Flynn Fungo #22
.341/.405/.452, 22 RBI, 46 R, 5 HR, 38 SB, 3.4 WAR
CHA CF Dale Cooper #7
.252/.288/.355, 26 RBI, 22 R, 3 HR, 1 SB, 1.6 WAR

Alright, here are my all-star list and one of the 1Bs will be playing 3B and one of the side outfielder will move to right, cuz fuck defense in All-Star games, aight? The only one I choose mainly for defense is Dale Cooper, as he is at a point that fans will be interested to see him field some of the near impossible plays and that is amazing on its own. Plus, Sora Mekajiki, who is supposed to be a contact-first batter is only batting .287 so I am not picking him over Cooper who can still bat a fair .252 while providing excitement on the defensive side.

I am favoring an offensive C, not just because it's All-Star but I'd argue that catcher framing ability and pitch calling is of low value right now with all the horrible pitchers in the major. They aren't fooling nobody when these pitchers are throwing the balls one inch away from the borderline. I think the runs produced by having an offensive C outweights that a lot in this season, and possibly the next two seasons as well, so I am definitely going for someone like Rivera who can hit home runs at a near Prezzy rate.

I think other choices are simple. Lucas Peterson is hitting right now so make sense to put him in and not his biggest competitor Sphyrna Lewin who is GG-bound but far less exciting than Lucas Peterson in playstyle. I mean, I already put a defensive CF up, I can't really cut down the entertainment value of this team way too much.

I don't think Delvin Rookis has the all-star level hit rate either, but he can provide excitement on the basepath alongside Fungo - and you gotta entertain the crowd in all way if you can - as THE safest yet effective base stealer. As a whole, I am putting up an exciting, offensive-oriented team that the All-Star crowd usually likes. This is also why the high Ks are favored in pitchers, but it's not like there are a lot of competition on that part this season.

Last edited by Goliathus on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jetsqb101, JorgTheGoat03 and prezzys like this post

Symmetrik
Symmetrik

Goli's Personal All-Star Picks Empty Re: Goli's Personal All-Star Picks

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 am
Goliathus wrote:
I think other choices are simple. Lucas Peterson is hitting right now so make sense to put him in and not his biggest competitor Sphyrna Lewin who is GG-bound but far less exciting than Lucas Peterson in playstyle. I mean, I already put a defensive CF up, I can't really cut down the entertainment value of this team way too much.

I mean, there is a middle ground that take very little away from the excitement but adds a defender who can move his feet Cool
Jetsqb101

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Thanks a ton for the mention! I do think Mekajiki has out-performed me so far this season and deserves the starting nod, but it's nice to get some recognition for the defensive stats Coop puts up
Goliathus

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 pm
Symmetrik wrote:
Goliathus wrote:

I mean, there is a middle ground that take very little away from the excitement but adds a defender who can move his feet Cool

The SS and 2B is so stacked I have a hard time picking lol. Your player is indeed in the consideration but I figured I will just reward Lucas Peterson bouncing back from a cold start(as discussed in my previous article) to .300 AVG. I feel like if this is real life, he's gonna get all the votes for hot performance in voting period.

Jetsqb101 wrote:Thanks a ton for the mention!  I do think Mekajiki has out-performed me so far this season and deserves the starting nod, but it's nice to get some recognition for the defensive stats Coop puts up

That's really a build decision more than anything. You two are good players with different purpose that will fill different needs on a team. Mekajiki is cold for a contact batter at the moment and Coop's not .200+-, so he deserves a spot to me.
McWolf
McWolf

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:46 pm
Jetsqb101 wrote:Thanks a ton for the mention!  I do think Mekajiki has out-performed me so far this season and deserves the starting nod, but it's nice to get some recognition for the defensive stats Coop puts up

With my stats at the moment, I'd give you the nod too. I fail at what I should be good at. Not batting .300 with my BABIP is rough.

Pingu likes this post

Abaddon

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:12 am
Walk man doesn't get paid
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum