Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AW13
AW13
Admin

Rooks Going Pro! Empty Rooks Going Pro!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:54 am

Rooks Going Pro! Dee-gordon-ST-getty-620

In maybe one of the most expected news stories of the end of this season, Chicago Storm second baseman Delvin Rooks is headed to the SBL and will enter the official Season 1 SBL Draft hoping to be drafted to one of the teams. We recently caught up with Rooks on his intentions!

Delvin, it was a disappointing end of the season for sure, how are things?

You know, we gave it all we can as players and that is all that can be asked of us. I know a lot of us are going to be leaving Chicago for the pros so for some of us, this will be the last time we share a locker together. No matter what though, we will always have those friendships. I am feeling pretty good though.

Many are projecting you as a first round pick, your thoughts on that?

I try to keep out of the news and hype but that is pretty cool. Honestly, I expect to go somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd round because I think pitchers are going to be premium in the Season 1 draft but will be interesting to see. I will be happy wherever I end up!

Last question, some have spoken about your desires to stay as a second baseman, but others think you could transition to a shortstop, what are you wanting at the pro level?

I have played second base my whole life and would love to stay at the position I grew up playing. Do I think I could play shortstop? Probably. If I am asked to, would I consider it? Probably. I would much rather stay in my comfort zone as a second baseman though. My skill set fits perfectly here and I can win a lot of awards here. Look at my defensive numbers this year, you can expect more of that!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum