Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
McWolf
McWolf

McWolf Quotes Empty McWolf Quotes

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:46 pm
Today, I have decided to step down from the league. Pretty much since it opened, I was on as a general, non-specific, staff and I was going to take over Historian duties after the first season would have ended and it would have actually meant something. Today, I realized that, between the GM jobs in both the VHL and EFL, my time was actually fairly limited and I didn't have the time and motivation to be the Historian the SBL deserves. I love doing the same job in the EFL and would definitely have brought that same passion in the SBL if my schedule was still wide open as it was a couple months ago when I joined the board, but now I'm fairly busy and I don't want to end up burning out like I did once a while back. I started as a VHL-only kinda guy, but then joined a bunch other leagues and ended leaving them all. And now I feel like I might be on the road to do the same again, so I'm dropping extra responsabilities preemptively to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I have already notified the staff that I was stepping down, this is not an announcement post, I just needed to write someting for a Quote and figured that would be a fair thing to talk about.

Goodbye, hot pink name.
McWolf
McWolf

McWolf Quotes Empty Re: McWolf Quotes

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:06 am
Sora Mekajiki (TOR)
The Japanese contact hitter had another great season. His .288 / .344 / .404 slashline shows he's one of the better at getting on bases. His batting average and on-base percentage are both 5th in the league. He added some muscle to his swing this season, blasting 27 balls in the gaps for doubles. He disappointed by being limited by merely 9 home runs, after hitting 20 in Sherbrooke the previous season and trying to develop this aspect of his game all season. His objective next season is to continue to do the things he do well, and maybe continue to do some strength to his game, with a .300 / .350 / .450 slashline.

Lunari Dusk (PIT)
The American relief pitcher made a decision this season. With how things are looking in both the SBLM and SBL, he opted to pursue his career as a relief pitcher, instead of entering in competition with other starting pitchers. He appeared in the most games this season as the Pioneers' stopper, and managed to end the season with a 5-2 record, with 8 saves in 11 opportunities. He led the league in strikeout rate, registering 9.71 per 9 innings, but overall, he struggled, as his high 4.03 ERA and 1.40 WHIP prove. Next season, he'll still pitch from the bullpen, but this time with a new arsenal. He's tinkering with his new pitches as we speak, to bring fire to the SBLM for the next two seasons.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum