Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AW13
AW13
Admin

Big Announcement List! Empty Big Announcement List!

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SBL Announcements 9/2/20!

Hey everyone! Wanted to make some things clear as things change here and have it posted on our forums as an announcement!

First! We have some new SBLM GMs!

We have had 2 job openings for SBLM GMs and were actively hiring for those replacements! We found our guys!

Please congratulate the new GM of the Pittsburgh Pioneers... @JorgtheGoat03 !
Please also congratulate the new GM of the Vegas Centurions... @lovesmuffins !

We know these two will do a great job getting the SBLM back to greatness and as we continue to grow, we are happy to have these two in place and already in there drafting for their teams!

Questions about Theme Tasks!

The idea of theme tasks was brought about by a member who has taken time off from the SBL! While we definitely appreciated everything they did and the fun nature of the weekly theme tasks, it is not always possible to have a Theme Task idea for a week! For now, we will be freezing any theme tasks and will remove that from the weekly TPE that can be earned! I am 100% open to having someone run our PT department and may consider hiring someone to post a theme task each week in addition to threads such as the new development task and Welfare as well. Talk to me if this is something that interests you!

Themed Task Replacements

So, that is 3 TPE that is gone now, what do I do? Get a job! Just kidding, that is not required. We have our weekly player brands which are at least 200 words or can be done with a graphic or podcast as well! Those have been 2 TPE but will now be 3 TPE!

We are also going to be adding press conferences starting today which are worth a max of 2 TPE per week. You will get 1 TPE per set of either 3 answers or 3 questions. This should make up for the weekly themed task TPE and of course we will continue the sim attendance, welfare, article/graphic/podcast, job pay, and whatever other things currently offer TPE!

Increase in Updater Pay

Updating is one of the tougher jobs especially as we currently are on forum updating and can be quite time consuming for our current users that are updaters. We will be increasing the weekly Capped TPE pay for updaters to be 6 TPE. An article and updater pay can get the full 14 and I believe this is a fair trade for a group that really helps our league keep going! I appreciate all they do and hope this helps get people excited about updating again or even becoming an updater!

Additional Affiliation!

This is kind of an idea that I thought of just from my own point of view and recognize that we need to continue to grow our league and that includes the outreach we have to a lot of other sim league communities. I believe all sim leagues should work together with one another for this large community we have between all leagues. I am happy to announce that we will be allowing PTs from other leagues other than EFL, SBA, and VHL. We will be accepting affiliation from the PBE, ISFL, and the SHL. Yes, these leagues are extremely different in how they operate, so the welfare claims from these leagues will be a slight difference.

Someone claiming welfare from one of those leagues must use:

PT (Usually around 200 words writing):
$1M Weekly Training which is purchased from earned money

We will not accept things like predictions, pick ems, etc

By posting both of these things in the welfare claim, you may claim a full 8 TPE in welfare!

Tell your friends in these leagues to try us out!

New Sim Schedule

We have a lot of games (120 to be exact) and it is spread out over a pretty thin amount of time. 4 weeks for the regular season and 1 week for the playoffs and usually a 2 week off-season period. The hope is that our future off-seasons can get down to one week and with this, we will be extending the regular season by one week!

Instead of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday sims of 10 games each which resulted in 2 and a half series being played 3 times per week...

We will have Tuesday and Thursday sims of 10 games each and be shifting our series' to 5 game series. This will allow for an option to use a 5-man rotation to utilize more pitchers as starters or leave things the same. This will provide more focused sims on two opponents and not having to stop a sim mid series!

Upcoming

We will be hosting our SBLM draft and hopefully our awards show very soon as well! Stay tuned for the announcement of these!

Thank you everyone! Let's make this season a great one!

JorgTheGoat03, prezzys and oilmandan like this post

Pingu
Pingu

Big Announcement List! Empty Re: Big Announcement List!

Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:37 pm
Congrats to the new GMs!
Sonnet
Sonnet

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:02 pm
AW13 wrote:For now, we will be freezing any theme tasks and will remove that from the weekly TPE that can be earned!

What does this mean for the rookie tasks/checklist? The themed PT is the only thing I have left from that list, and if new ones don't go up, I'm short 10 TPE (one for completing the task, and an extra 5 for getting all of the tasks done).

prezzys likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum