Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

Predicting the Major Award winners Empty Predicting the Major Award winners

Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:40 pm
SBLM

Predicting the Major Award winners Player_336
MVP: RF Wade Landry @Doomsday

Landry had the #2 batting average in the SBLM (highest among active users), 2nd in OBP, 2nd in Slugging, the best WAR in the league, was the best base stealer in the SBLM, and was a (slightly) + fielder for Sherbrooke. All in all, Landry was good at a lot of different things this season, and a combinatioon of those strengths made him Sherbrooke's most consistent and dangerous position player.

Predicting the Major Award winners Player_251
Cy Young: Chien-Ming Wang @Goliathus

It really can't be anyone else. Wang leads the league in ERA, IP, BB/9, K/BB, and WAR. Wang also made history this season by throwing the first no-hitter that we have seen on this site. He has a legitimate argument to be an MVP candidate this season with the numbers that he has put up for Sherbrooke, and I'm very interested to see how his rookie season next year compares to what we saw from some of the rookie pitching prospects we saw in the SBL this season.

SBL

Predicting the Major Award winners Player_372
MVP: Tracy Prezzy Jr. @Prezzys

I think that Flynn Fungo has a decent case for MVP too, but Prezzy's 39 HR this year are unbelievable and he finished only .013 points away from being the triple crown winner in the SBL. He's the player that the other GM 1B are trying to chase down to become right now, and his hitting is on an absolutely different level compared to the rest of the league.

Predicting the Major Award winners Player_361
Cy Young; Cid Ramirez @7thInningStretch

I have no clue for this one. Pitching stats are a mess where the pitchers did not clearly out-perform the bots, but assuming that voters are going to want to reward an actual user it looks like Ramirez has a good claim. Ramirez had the 2nd best ERA in the league, the 3rd most K, the 4th best K/BB, and the 2nd best Opponents' OPS. All signs point towards Ramirez having an excellent rookie season, and I think he has the best argument among actives to win the SBL Cy Young award.

prezzys likes this post

Uphillmoss

Predicting the Major Award winners Empty Re: Predicting the Major Award winners

Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 am
Jetsqb101 wrote:

SBL

Predicting the Major Award winners Player_372
MVP: Tracy Prezzy Jr. @Prezzys

I think that Flynn Fungo has a decent case for MVP too, but Prezzy's 39 HR this year are unbelievable and he finished only .013 points away from being the triple crown winner in the SBL. He's the player that the other GM 1B are trying to chase down to become right now, and his hitting is on an absolutely different level compared to the rest of the league.
[center]

I think prezzys will probably win, but id argue that me having a positive ZR playing in the outfield out of postion should be worth a lot more, and maybe even push me past prezzy and the free +5 zr he gets playing 1B
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum