Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
7thInningStretch

Cid Ramirez Declares Empty Cid Ramirez Declares

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 pm
“I have been blessed to play in Vegas – my first real chance at making my family proud,” a somber yet hopeful Cid Ramirez remarked at a recent presser.

“Obviously we did not end the season as we planned, but I don’t want to revisit those memories – nor would you want to relive them,” he said, a nervous laugh escaping his throat, “and I hope you will forgive me for what comes next.”

A knowing nod from most members of the audience with a similar somber sentiment throughout the room.

“I’m pleased to announce I will be declaring for the SBL Draft this off-season – and while this means my time in Las Vegas has come to an end, please know I will be a Centurion for life. And I hope that you will continue to support me at the professional level, just as you have so faithfully done throughout this season.

The press conference – just the first after so many scorching criticisms made after Las Vegas ended its season with ten consecutive losses – was a little bittersweet, but ultimately the journalists took the news and ran with it. Half of the room was furiously tweeting their newly acquired information, while others had a barrage of questions to ask the now-former Centurion.

“Cid! CID! What are your thoughts now that you’ve had some time to sleep on the loss in the first game against Sherbrooke?”

“Do you plan on declaring interest in a specific team now that you’re going to the pros?”

“Who’s your favorite Street Fighter character?”

Cid was beset by a cacophony of sound; Cid gradually made his way out towards the door, some reporters opting to shake his hand and offer their congratulations, while others sat in their press section, stunned but invigorated by the news.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum