Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jetsqb101

Fake GM Mock Draft Empty Fake GM Mock Draft

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:24 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Yesterday we got four users on the site to accept a role as a fake GM heading into the SBL draft: myself, @McWolf , @JorgTheGoat03 , and @Uphillmoss . We used a random number generator to assign each of us to a team, and then proceeded to draft our way through all of the prospects. I present to you, a fake GM SBL Mock Draft

For Starters, here is the draft order (snaked) along with each team's fake GM and their GM player.

1. Fake GM Mock Draft Other
Dallas
Fake GM: Jetsqb
GM Player: Carlos Delgado @oilmandan
Jets' thoughts: I'm not to keen on having a GM player be a 1st baseman, but there was a 75% chance of that happening here anyway. One thing it does do is let me focus on defense and pitching more in this draft knowing that I already have a very good #3/#4 hitter established in my lineup. This position also comes with the #1 overall pick, so there's some responsibility for me to decide on who deserves to be taken first overall.

2. Fake GM Mock Draft Dwleo110
Indianapolis
Fake GM: McWolf
GM Player: Tracy Prezzy Jr. @prezzys
McWolf's thoughts: Here we're adding an MVP-tier slugger to the Invaders roster with a late 2nd-round pick, per GM Player rules. Prezzy Jr. is one of only a handful of players I believe could compete for a triple crown at some point in their careers. If he can replicate his slashline of .317 / .359 / .490, this will be a steal for Indianapolis.

3. Fake GM Mock Draft 6ssdNoF
Charlotte
Fake GM: Uphill
GM Player: Rocky Mitchell @Lefty
Uphill's thoughts: Going into this draft, I was given the responsibility of drafting for lefty’s team, the Charlotte Cardinals. As with any mock draft it is important to get into the mind of the gm you are pretending to be. And after three hours of looking at pictures of pepe and leaving mysterious eyes reacts on random discord comments, I was ready. Overall i am very pleased with how this turned out, as i think we did a very realistic job of representing how the draft will go. One thing i did was early i mainly went bpa, while later on i drafted by need. But without farther rambling, lets get into the picks.

4. Fake GM Mock Draft TOR_Poster
Toronto
Fake GM: Jorg
GM Player: Pingu Flipperson @Pingu
Jorg's thoughts: I believe that Pingu will be a great player in this league. The only flaw I see in his game is that he doesn't have the power to matchup with cleanup batters. Besides that, I believe he will be one of the best lead off batters in the league, even as a rookie. He's got the on-base percentage, he's got the speed, and he's a great defender. I can't wait to see him play both at bat, on base, and on defense.

The Draft

Round One

1. Dallas - SS Sphyrna Lewin @Troutstrong

Jets' Reasoning: Picking first was difficult in this draft, but from what I know of the sim having an elite SS is very important and very difficult to do. Lewin may not be the most SBL ready prospect, but he's a prospect that we see as having immense value over the course of his career that is worth investing the #1 pick into. Plus it comes with adding Shark to your locker room, easy call.

2. Indianapolis - P Mario McRlwain @JorgTheGoat03

McWolf's Reasoning: When I made this pick, other mock draft GMs weren't too sure about it, but I have my reasons. McRlwain already has ties to the Indianapolis Invaders locker room, and he's one of the better pitchers available in this inaugural draft. The sidearm pitching groundballer has great movement on his pitches, which led him to a 3rd-best 3.16 ERA. For me, this was a no-brainer.

3. Charlotte - P Magnus Coretti @omgitshim

Uphill's Reasoning: This first round was very intresting. I had been expecting to be picking between Sphryna Lewin and Cid Ramirez/ Mario McRlwain, as i believed the first two players would be Magnus Corretti, and Delvin Rooks or maybe Cid Ramirez. But all of these players are close enough that everyone here ended up with a good player. All that being said i was very excited to see my #1OA slip down into my arms. Magnus Coretti will be a franchise level ace for his team, and should always been in competition for awards.

4. Toronto - P Cid Ramirez @7thInningStretch

Jorg's reasoning: 1. As I was preparing to make my 1st 2 picks, I thought that selecting at least 1 pitcher is a must. In my mind, Cid was option number 1, with McRlwain and Coretti tied as option number 2. If I could have gotten 2 of those players, I would have been ecstatic, bu time would settle for only 1. Thankfully, my top option fell into my lap and I was able to grab a future star.

3rd Round (GM players treated as 2nd round)

5. Toronto - CF Flynn Fungo @uphillmoss

Jorg's reasoning: Since all 3 of my top pitching prospects were off the table by my 2nd pick, I had a tough choice to make. Do I pick another pitcher, Nitro or Boxman, or do I select a much needed batter to add to the team. After much consideration, I decided that selecting a batter was more important at the moment. So I then had to choose between some top batters in the league. In the end, it came down to 2 fantastic center fielders: Mekajiki and Fungo. I selected Fungo mainly due to his stealing capabilities and the fact that I did not believe his batting average was much of a drop off from Mekajiki's.

6. Charlotte - CF Dale Cooper @Jetsqb101

Uphill's Reasoning: This was about where i had Cooper going, but what really surprised me was Flynn Fungo going off the board. I didn’t expect my player to be so highly regarded, but i will gladly take this outcome. Dale Cooper will complement an already rather defensive team in Charlotte, and hopefully that will take them far.

7. Indianapolis - CF Sora Mekajiki @McWolf

McWolf's Reasoning: In the 3rd round, the Invaders had one of the best contact batters available in the whole draft. With Fungo and Cooper out already, the Invaders make sure to fill their CF spot with a great all-around player. Mekajiki is definitely not as good defensively as Dale Cooper, but he can swing the bat like few others can, as shown by his SBLM slashline of .313 / .361 / .460.

8. Dallas - 2B Delvin Rooks @AW13

Jets' Reasoning: Cool, every CF went off the board in a span of 3 picks. I'm going to make the big brain decision here to rebuild the infield of a 4th place SBLM team with Delgado, Lewin, and now Rooks. Rooks is a very similar situation to Lewin where we are now basically guaranteed to have the best middle infield for 7-8 seasons, and I trust that their bats will develop to make them elite OBP guys over time as well. Great value at the end of the 2nd round.

4th Round

9. Dallas - P Nate Nitro @Cornholio

Jets' Reasoning: We take Nitro not because he fits with Lewin/Rooks, but because he has Ace potential. He could be treated as a major trade piece moving forward since we don't really need a power pitcher with our middle infield, but for now he is selected as BPA for being the hardest throwing pitcher in the SBL.

10. Indianapolis - LF Kurtis McKenzie @PSanchez55

McWolf's Reasoning: The Invaders now add a player who has, in my opinion, slipped way too far in this draft already. Kurtis McKenzie is a one of the favourites to be named MVP after he carried the Sherbrooke Mohawks with a 3rd-best AVG of .311 and 34 homeruns. He joins his former partner in crime in Mekajiki and will form a dangerous pair of power hitters with Prezzy Jr.

11. Charlotte - P James Boxman @siddhus

Uphill's Reasoning: Here is where things really got interesting. My main options here were Wayne Taylor, James Boxman, and Lucas Peterson. I seriously considered everyone of those players, and spent a long time deciding between them. My hope had been that Kurtis Mckenzie would slip one more pick so i could have an offensive threat. However this didn’t happen so i have to choose from this bunch. Wayne Taylor is pretty low on tpe, and lacks the defensive ability that i want in a catcher, but could add a lot to the offense. Lucas Peterson is a pretty decent build, but i already have a defensive focused filler SS, and his updating leaves a good bit to be desired. James Boxman also has updating issues, but i felt with his auto 14 that might be less of an issue. The decision was between Wayne Taylor, and James Boxman. However, i noticed that turner mad an absolutely brilliant filler C, and every team can always use more pitchers, so i decided to go with sid.

12. Toronto - SS Lucas Peterson @lovesmuffins

Jorg's reasoning: *See next pick*

5th Round

13. Toronto - C Wayne Taylor @Big Mac

Jorg's reasoning:  When it came time for my next/last 2 picks, I had a few ideas in mind. I was mainly choosing between selecting a pitcher, catcher, or shortstop. This is because these were the main team needs that I saw remaining. For pitcher, while both Nitro and Boxman were selected since my last pick, I still thought that Beatrix Ajax would be a fantastic option for a pitcher. For catcher I was really sold on Wayne Taylor and for shortstop I was liking what I saw in Lucas Peterson. In the end, I decided to select Taylor and Peterson.

14. Charlotte - 2B Ajax Mohran @Symmetrik

Uphill's Reasoning: This is a pick that had a very strong shot at being Domingo Rodriguez. He was very close to Boxman for a pitcher, and could have been taken with my last pick. However, Ajax Mohran is not far off and fills a huge need at 2B. I have already take two pitchers and have a decent stash of relievers, it was time to get a batter. Ajax will provide an all around player that this team really needs. And of course there is always the pitcher draft that will be happening in 1-2 seasons. Overall this was a very solid pick.

15. Indianapolis - P Domingo Rodriguez @Acydburn

McWolf's Reasoning: With the pool of available players starting to look shallow at every position, I decided to bolster the Invaders bullpen, by adding one of the only pitchers who has publicly made it known that he intended on being used as a closer. A strong finisher, one who can turn off comeback attempts from opposing teams, is an underrated yet important role and one that Rodriguez could certainly fill. His 1.30 WHIP and 2.98 ERA certainly tell me he can get the job done.

16. Dallas - P Beatrix Ajax @I Hit Balls Gooder

Jets' Reasoning: I'm very happy to add Ajax here. The side-arm pitcher had some great outings in the SBLM last season and she seems like a pitcher that will benefit from our middle infielders. Adding a legitimate #2 starter this deep in the draft is a nice addition for us.

6th Round

17. Dallas - P Austin Schwartz @cubzlover84

Jets' Reasoning: With Schwartz we have grabbed 3 of the 8 uncapping pitching targets. We're laying the foundation for an elite rotation in the future, and we have given ourselves flexibility if we decide to move pieces around later on. We exit this draft with a very strong pitching core and middle infield, with our two pressing needs being bigger bats at 3B/LF/RF and a defensive CF.

18. Indianapolis - C Cáramel Delight @2ndBaseBabe

McWolf's Reasoning: Some unforeseen events have happened between the draft was actually completed and the time we put this mock draft together. Having a strong catcher is important, but Delight seems like her development is going to be stalling for a bit and, honestly, it's the whole league that's losing in this situation.

19. Charlotte - 1B Eddie Donovan @Abaddon

Uphill's Reasoning: Abbadons crazy 1st basemen who decided to skip SBLM entirely gets taken here as the last pick in the draft. Sure he lacks the tpe that a lot of others have, but abbadon is a great guy (even though i can’t spell his name) and i am certain he will do well here. He adds another much needed offensive bat to the Cardinals. Main issue tho is that he will likely have to play out of position with lefties gm player also being a 1st baseman, but odds are he will still turn out all right

And so concludes this draft. I am very happy with the team i picked, and am interested to see how it compares to the actual draft. I definitely went very defensive heavy, although i tried to compensate a little for it towards the end. Either way tho, this has been a lot of fun. So long efl, and remember “keep your updates clean, or I’ll be mean”
Drops mic
Everyone groans

JorgTheGoat03, prezzys, Lefty, I Hit Balls Gooder and Pingu like this post

Pingu
Pingu

Fake GM Mock Draft Empty Re: Fake GM Mock Draft

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 pm
1000% all accurate
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum