Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 PLAYOFF Statmaster Empty S0 PLAYOFF Statmaster

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 pm
THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK OF STATMASTER!

HERE IS A LINK TO THE FORM

And here's my copy-paste, modified a bit this week.
Pay attention to the deadlines! Question 1 is due before the start of the first sim (and, this week, SO IS QUESTION 4), Question 3 due before the start of the third, and the rest due before the start of the second. You should be able to leave a question blank if you're submitting past that season's deadline.

You may submit multiple responses, or let me know if you'd like a response changed. HOWEVER, only ONE submission will be counted per question, and that will always be the last pre-deadline submission made for the question being evaluated. If you get something exactly right and then--before the deadline for that question--submit another response that's wildly incorrect, then tough luck. Submissions to questions made after that question's deadline will always be disqualified.

For anyone who checks it (I've seen someone looking at it once or twice, so someone does at least), HERE IS A LINK TO THE GAME'S SPREADSHEET where you can view other responses as well as the leaderboard for a look at this season's overall numbers.

The game will be complete after this week, so join it! Even if you haven't all season, you're guaranteed at least one TPE for participating.
GustavMattias
GustavMattias

S0 PLAYOFF Statmaster Empty Playoff Statmaster Results

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:07 pm
YEET!

Another season, another Statmaster. I'll wrap up this past week's in this post and address the final payout in a separate one. We had some terrible guesses this week, and I'm sad that I don't get to put on my Oprah pants to "you-get-a-point" five different people for anything. Let's get to it, and I'll make this post short because I have to make another and update and go to bed on the early side tonight (not that I will, mind you).

Question 1: How many runs will Sherbrooke score in the first series (Sherbrooke vs. Chicago, best of 3)? Sherbrooke scored six runs en route to a three-game victory over Chicago. Nobody got this right, and most guesses were a good deal higher, but @lovesmuffins came in with a guess of 7 to take the point for this one.

Question 2: How many RBIs will Pingu Flipperson record in the second series (Vegas vs. winner of first series, best of 5)? Nobody got this one correct either! Sherbrooke swept their second series in the gauntlet, and the domination of Vegas didn't exactly help Flipperson's RBI numbers. He didn't put up a single RBI in the series, leaving @omgitshim's lowest guess of 1 as the closest.

Question 3: How many pitches will Original Dale-Cooper throw in the third series (Pittsburgh vs. winner of second series, best of 7)? Dale-Cooper threw 101 pitches, leaving him on the lower end of a super wide range of guesses. Once again, @lovesmuffins came in with the closest guess, coming one over with a guess of 102.

Question 4: How many strikeouts will Magnus Coretti record in ALL of the playoffs? Guesses were super high here, but Chicago's ace (or one of them, I guess--sorry Zeke) put up a grand total of 2 strikeouts. @JorgTheGoat03 takes this one home with a guess of 5, one lower than a good group of sixes.

Question 5: How many games will Las Vegas play in ALL of the playoffs? If you guessed that the second series would end in a sweep, you were right! If this was your guess, then your name is also @oilmandan. The only guess of 3 here, Dan takes his first and only Statmaster point of the season on the very last question.

Final payout coming soon!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum