Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Opening Day 5/7

+24
DollarAndADream
7thInningStretch
Snussu
Spartan
lovesmuffins
Daddy
Doomsday
Jetsqb101
GustavMattias
Big Mac
CaptainHook
Symmetrik
Cornholio
JorgTheGoat03
Lefty
prezzys
Uphillmoss
Pingu
Psanchez55
oilmandan
zekethatbeast25
StackTheRacks12
omgitshim
McWolf
28 posters
Go down
Snowball
Snowball

Road to Opening Day 5/7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Road to Opening Day 5/7

Fri May 29, 2020 4:12 am
I think the velocity pitchers will be biggest impact players in the league, since it does cost a lot to upgrade, not many people will look for it. But once it is done I think this will help them to throw the better pitches giving them the better scores. I am not sure how many pitchers will take this route, but they should be the dominant ones.
acydburn

Fri May 29, 2020 10:21 am
It’s hard to tell who is going to dominate in the future of the SDLM, I mean my first idea would be whoever could figure out how to gain the sim engine (there is always a way). If this is too much effort I would imagine who ever could max/min their TPE. As it currently stands only staff can do this (crock of shit) but there are rumors of changes coming. Um Pitchers.. Yeah Pitchers
Caboose

Fri May 29, 2020 1:34 pm
I dont really know much about the "meta" for baseball or even what would qualify as one. Just from reading others comments above me it seems like pitchers are going to get a lot tougher as seasons progress so perhaps the strategy for this season is to just ignore defense and pound away on offense. Also with a lack of outfielders it would seem that power hitters might have an easy time driving the ball out there for big plays.
SecondBaseBabe
SecondBaseBabe
Admin

Fri May 29, 2020 5:45 pm
What Makes A Great Player?

Honestly I think that well rounded players that can play multiple infield or outfield positions will likely dominate the SBL. It might not be immediate but versatility and high tpe will make for interesting games. I also think much like real base ball teams that have hitters that can get on base and steal bases will in general score more and have more wins than slugger based teams. Having a cohesive team that is well though out and that has as few holes as possible will be vital for both early and down the line success.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum