Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
omgitshim
omgitshim

Fantasy Baseball Guidelines Empty Fantasy Baseball Guidelines

Mon May 11, 2020 1:21 pm
Select your players to create the ultimate fantasy baseball team! Each user will be given a set salary cap and must create a roster that fits within the cap. Players will be valued based on a combination of past performance and expected performance (i.e. players who were great last season will have higher values, and players who are put in a situation where they should be better than they were the season before may be higher than expected). You must fill all spots on your roster. The DH spot can be filled with any batter. Players who are playing out of position will be listed on the salary sheet: they may be selected for either their original position or the position they will be playing. Each player may only be chosen once for your team (i.e. you can't have someone listed as both your 1B and DH). Note that the salary cap and points distribution are subject to change in the future, but both will be defined at the start of each season.

Current Roster Setup:
C:
1B:
2B:
3B:
SS:
LF:
CF:
RF:
DH:
P:
P:
P:
P:

Current Scoring System:
Batters:
1B: 1
2B: 2
3B: 3
HR: 4
R: 1
RBI: 1
SB: 2
BB: 1
K: -1
CS: -1

Pitchers:

IP: 2.25 (i.e. 1 per out)
ER: -2
K: 1
BB: -1
W: 7
SV: 7
L: -5

Payouts:
1st: 5 TPE
Top 25%: 4 TPE
26-50%: 3 TPE
51-75%: 2 TPE
Bottom 25%: 1 TPE
omgitshim
omgitshim

Fantasy Baseball Guidelines Empty Re: Fantasy Baseball Guidelines

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:23 pm
Changes for S1:

Batters:
CS added, worth -1 points

Pitchers:
HLD, CG, & SHO all removed
IP reduced to 2.25 points (0.75 per out)
W & SV bumped up to 7 points

Overall I was happy with how Batter scoring turned out, but noticed that high steal guys tended to be favored. Adding CS would ding them a little without drastically changing things. Pitchers however I felt ended up way too high as a whole. Tuning IP down a bit brought them back in line with Batter scoring. HLD, CG, and SHO were all removed because it took a lot of extra effort to add them in the tally due to the way the index shows those stats, and ultimately they didn't make a huge difference overall. To compensate for the loss of those, W and SV were bumped up from 5 to 7. These changes should bring Batters and Pitchers much more in line with each other.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum